Favourite PRS performers/performances?

I don't think uncle Ted was terribly cool-looking. He was just cool.

C'mon - this isn't cool-looking?

9eb8953e0070574144df4a17666dc237.jpg

And don't make me say it.

I said don't make me say it.

Alright!!!!

LOINCLOTH.

I thought this thread was about PRS performances. What's looks got to do with it?

Here's my entry. Three virtuoso's doing a slow blues from a 4th virtuoso (Gallagher).

Some things that make it "great" IMO.
1. First of all the song is genius with the classic call and response interplay between the vocals and the guitar.
2. DG's improv genius
3. Davy's tasty melodic solos
4. Lance's unbelievable speed switching right in the middle of a run at 8:26
5. The Granger brothers keeping tight with all the improv going on.

There's nothing in this song that doesn't impress me, and they were just thrown together up there probably with little rehearsal time. They already had what they needed in their tool set. I barely have enough talent to be able to know how talented you have to be to do that!

Last edited:
I thought this thread was about PRS performances. What's looks got to do with it?

Here's my entry. Three virtuoso's doing a slow blues from a 4th virtuoso (Gallagher).

Some things that make it "great" IMO.
1. First of all the song is genius with the classic call and response interplay between the vocals and the guitar.
2. DG's improve genius
3. Davy's tasty melodic solos
4. Lance's unbelievable speed switching right in the middle of a run at 8:26
5. The Granger brothers keeping tight with all the improve going on.

There's nothing in this song that doesn't impress me, and they were just thrown together up there probably with little rehearsal time. They already had what they needed in their tool set. I barely have enough talent to be able to know how talented you have to be to do that!

Wow the tone on Davy’s guitar sounds so thick. That’s a killer guitar by the way; killer top and looks like a one-off prototype of the Violin guitar. And David Grissom appears to be playing a pernambuco necked PS DGT limited. Amazing guitars on stage!!

I’m sorry, what was this thread about again?

:p

Sorry... let me put my tongue back in my mouth and stop licking the screen.

What were we talking about again?

Oh yeah, levels of coolness.

I’ve got nothing to add other than recommending that you find a guitar that makes you happy on multiple levels. If something about the guitar doesn’t check all the boxes for you then move it on and find the one that does. You are the only one that needs to be happy with your guitar choice. If someone else has to convince you about your guitar then maybe that guitar isn’t the one for you.

This is coming from someone who thinks all guitars make their players look cooler.

Daniel Johns from silverchair and his emerald custom 22 was the reason I wanted to learn to play guitar. Not sure how to post pictures on here but it’s just a quick google search away

Well, you’ve been thrown a curveball. The OP was changed completely. Kind of like if I stared a thread about how pretty my 25th Anniversary C22 Semi Hollow LTD is. Then after 4 pages of replies, change it to how pretty Julie Bowen is. You come in on page 5 and can’t figure out why you’re the first one talking about Julie and everyone else is talking about something different.

Well, you’ve been thrown a curveball. The OP was changed completely. Kind of like if I stared a thread about how pretty my 25th Anniversary C22 Semi Hollow LTD is. Then after 4 pages of replies, change it to how pretty Julie Bowen is. You come in on page 5 and can’t figure out why you’re the first one talking about Julie and everyone else is talking about something different.

Your threads never go four pages before Julie's name comes up.

I started the thread wanting pictures, and described it as “looking cool”. As my original post stated, most of my previous associations with PRS were nu-metal groups and Nickleback - which aren’t cool to me, so I wanted to see what PRS artists other people liked.

Using the word “cool” was clearly bad word choice.

In doing so, and wording a few things poorly, I basically had people arguing about what it is to be “cool”, whether “cool” is important, the subjectivity of cool, some thought I was trolling, etc - none of which was my original intent - I just wanted people to post pictures they liked of artists playing PRS guitars!

So I edited the thread - not trying to derail it, but to take out the stuff about “coolness” since I don’t see that as a useful debate and that wasn’t the point I was trying to make anyway. I just wanted to turn it back to the focus of pictures/performances.

So I've always wanted a PRS since the early 90s. Most of the reason back then was because I wasn't a fan of the single cut Les Paul style but loved the nice maple tops and mahogany bodies. But I was always a Strat guy. But the first time I saw a custom 24 I wanted one. They had the beautiful woods seen in Les Paul's with the double cut looks and comfortable body cuts of a Strat. Also, they were "different" than the typical Strat and Les Paul you see everyone else playing. Back then a lot of the reason I wanted one is so I "looked" more original. lol.

I got past all that in my old age and care less about image now but still love PRS guitars and finally own one :).

iike you, i'm not into metal or hard rock and although a lot of guys use them for metal and hard rock, I never really thought of them as metal guitars. I listen to mostly blues, classic rock and "jam band" type music. Recently I've seen more and more guys playing PRS in the jam band scene.

John Mayer of course in Dead and Company;

Brandon Baylis from Umphrey's McGee (plays a Tremonti PRS)

Mike Gantzer and David Loss from Aqueous are now both playing PRS

guys from Pigeons Playing Ping Pong

Back