Favourite PRS performers/performances?

PatrickH

**Edit to my original post - I think my word choice previously confused some, offended others, and made people think I was trolling - none of which were my intent. I’m editing this original post to try to get back to the heart of what I wanted**

I recently had a post about getting my first PRS. I think the guitar (a mind 90s CE 22)is amazing - in sound, playability, and it is beautiful. I got the guitar in a trade and when I picked it up it just screams quality.

For a number of years, I stayed away when I think of a PRS because all I thought of when I saw them was 90’s/early 2000s nu-metal or Nickleback/Creed - which just aren’t my thing.

Now that I’ve played a PRS, and I’m amazed by the versatility, I’m curious about seeing/hearing other players using PRS guitars in non-metal/hard rock settings.

Who are some of your favourite non-metal/ hard rock PRS artists? Feel free to share pics, video clips of your favourite performers/performances, etc!

Last edited:
Carlos_Santana_515pix.png.cf.png

I recently had a post about getting my first PRS. I think the guitar is amazing - in sound, playability, and it photographs beautifully. I got the guitar in a trade and when I picked it up it just screamed quality and I couldn't put it down.

However, I have one, relatively shallow sticking point - I don't feel like PRS guitars look "cool" on people. I realize it's totally a shallow hangup, but if I can't picture myself looking cool, or anyone else looking cool with the guitar, I'm way less likely to play it - especially live.

Sadly, when I think of a PRS - particularly a double cut, I think of nu-metal, Nickleback, or old guys with shorts/sandles/Hawaiian shorts at a blues jam.

It's a shame to have such strong correlations in my mind, but they guitar is so nice that I feel like I need to break out of that mindset.

So help me out! Can you point me to photos of people/artists actually looking "cool" performing with a PRS?

Hey now, I'm sorta cool. I'd post a pic of myself, but I'm an old fat guy that likes Hawaiian shirts and plays blues. Maybe you should send me your uncool PRS so I can sweat on it while I play Mary Had a Little Lamb, Riveria Paradise and Red House. :p:D

Back