Favourite PRS performers/performances?

dave8.jpg

OP here again.

I didn’t mean to cause some of the controversy that I seem to have started, so I’m going to go a bit further in explaining why pictures would be useful for me....

I have fairly rare disorder called “Aphantasia”, which means I have no don’t have a “minds eye” and can’t visualize images, nor do I have any visual memory.

Visuals in life are thus connected to descriptions in my mind, and correlations, rather than being able to picture images.

So I’m looking at this beautiful PRS that I bought, but I can’t picture playing it on stage. I can’t “picture” in my mind what might look good / not look good - I can only go off looking at actual photos.

Even wearing the guitar in the mirror, I can’t picture what I look like from other angles, can’t imagine what it looks like to be on stage with the guitar, etc.

It’s a strange disorder - I can’t even “picture” my wife or children’s faces. I recognize them, I can describe them, but I can’t picture them.

So I’m really not trying to be difficult, condescending, judgemental, etc - it just would be really be helpful for me to see great pictures of people playing PRS guitars in a variety of styles, looking cool doing it.

There have been some good photos thus far. Thanks to those who have posted!

So, not to make light of your situation, but trying to grasp it. So, you’re saying that you can’t clearly, vividly picture Julie Bowen right now???

OP here again.

I didn’t mean to cause some of the controversy that I seem to have started, so I’m going to go a bit further in explaining why pictures would be useful for me....

I have fairly rare disorder called “Aphantasia”, which means I have no don’t have a “minds eye” and can’t visualize images, nor do I have any visual memory.

Visuals in life are thus connected to descriptions in my mind, and correlations, rather than being able to picture
images.

So I’m looking at this beautiful PRS that I bought, but I can’t picture playing it on stage. I can’t “picture” in my mind what might look good / not look good - I can only go off looking at actual photos.

Even wearing the guitar in the mirror, I can’t picture what I look like from other angles, can’t imagine what it looks like to be on stage with the guitar, etc.

It’s a strange disorder - I can’t even “picture” my wife or children’s faces. I recognize them, I can describe them, but I can’t picture them.

So I’m really not trying to be difficult, condescending, judgemental, etc - it just would be really be helpful for me to see great pictures of people playing PRS guitars in a variety of styles, looking cool doing it.

There have been some good photos thus far. Thanks to those who have posted!

Dude, to,the people that matter, you'll look cool as hell! Rawk it loud, and proud!

So, not to make light of your situation, but trying to grasp it. So, you’re saying that you can’t clearly, vividly picture Julie Bowen right now???

Nope! I can’t actually picture anything. Tbh I went through most of life not knowing that other people could actually picture things in their mind! So I’m not that hard done by.

I've never heard of your disorder . Sounds like that would jack you up.

My 2 cents. Pull it out of the case in front of a bunch of people and listen to all the ohs and ahs. I would think that could help.

The thing is people that are trying to look cool aren't, they just look like people that are trying to act cool. There is one thing in common in all those "cool" pics... none of them are trying to impress you with how cool they are. They become completely self absorbed and free of those limitations which is what makes them appear cool to those of us still imprisoned by them.

You can't look cool by trying to look cool. Being cool is about being comfortable in your abilities and having a true passion for what you're doing. It's real. Acting cool is kind of like stuffing a bra, you can fool them until they see thru your act and your lack of substance is exposed.

What do you think is cool? That's the most important question because it's YOUR self image. You keep saying this or that doesn't fit your image but you still haven't given any clues as to what you'd like that image to be. You can't project what isn't there. If it's about looking the way your employer wants you to look they can define that for you better than we can. I'm reasonably sure it's not "look cool or your fired" leaving you to fumble around on your own.

I'm with Sergio on this one... we're all basically dorks and realizing that kind of sets you free :)

OP here again.

Patrick, Have you thought of rocking out on stage and having a friend shoot some pictures of you from several angles?
That would certainly allow you to see what you look like on stage with a PRS.

IMHO you cant look anything but cool rockin a PRS!

Dumb thread.

Buy a Tele and wear a sock hat!

Many of us old guys with shirts you don’t like can buy and sell your a@@.

PS I look pretty cool with any of my 5 hanging around my neck

I recently had a post about getting my first PRS. I think the guitar is amazing - in sound, playability, and it photographs beautifully. I got the guitar in a trade and when I picked it up it just screamed quality and I couldn't put it down.

However, I have one, relatively shallow sticking point - I don't feel like PRS guitars look "cool" on people. I realize it's totally a shallow hangup, but if I can't picture myself looking cool, or anyone else looking cool with the guitar, I'm way less likely to play it - especially live.

Sadly, when I think of a PRS - particularly a double cut, I think of nu-metal, Nickleback, or old guys with shorts/sandles/Hawaiian shorts at a blues jam.

It's a shame to have such strong correlations in my mind, but they guitar is so nice that I feel like I need to break out of that mindset.

So help me out! Can you point me to photos of people/artists actually looking "cool" performing with a PRS?

This can’t be a serious post.

Back