Favorite guitar stand

Love a 6 pack-er....
19466742_10209435798395910_8710183486451124035_o.jpg
That 509 sure is a looker!

I have a older upright stand that holds 3 guitars but the rubber tubing has disintegrated. I was thinking of just buying new foam or rubber but the Hercules GS523B three guitar rack looks interesting. Do the guitars sit in rack in a way they will not easily twist and hit another guitar?

My guitars stay in their cases when not being used but I do have a 'floor stand' for the guitar in use. I don't want to put the guitar away. leave it resting against something or lie it down when I take a break so I use the Hercules Shocksafe guitar stand

http://herculesstands.com/international/products/fretted-and-bowed-instrument/guitar/single-stands/gs405b/
gs405b_1_hr.jpg

I like this as it supports the weight of the guitar at the bottom (not hanging from its headstock) and has a bar around the top so it stops the guitar from falling off the stand if it got accidentally bumped/knocked. Its sturdy, can be folded up and seems more secure than a lot of stands. I don't like stands that a guitar can fall off of or swing because they are just hanging from the headstock so this is my preferred floor stand.

I have a older upright stand that holds 3 guitars but the rubber tubing has disintegrated. I was thinking of just buying new foam or rubber but the Hercules GS523B three guitar rack looks interesting. Do the guitars sit in rack in a way they will not easily twist and hit another guitar?

Yeah, the stand is a good one, and I've never had an issue with the guitars coming close to each other.

My guitars stay in their cases when not being used but I do have a 'floor stand' for the guitar in use. I don't want to put the guitar away. leave it resting against something or lie it down when I take a break so I use the Hercules Shocksafe guitar stand

http://herculesstands.com/international/products/fretted-and-bowed-instrument/guitar/single-stands/gs405b/
gs405b_1_hr.jpg

I like this as it supports the weight of the guitar at the bottom (not hanging from its headstock) and has a bar around the top so it stops the guitar from falling off the stand if it got accidentally bumped/knocked. Its sturdy, can be folded up and seems more secure than a lot of stands. I don't like stands that a guitar can fall off of or swing because they are just hanging from the headstock so this is my preferred floor stand.

These look good, but I’ve always been afraid they would be easy to tip over if bumped. How would you rate that aspect?

I have the Hercules 6 guitar tree stand... That thing is solid as a rock whether loaded up full or half loaded with all the weight on one side!!!

These look good, but I’ve always been afraid they would be easy to tip over if bumped. How would you rate that aspect?

Its possible - like any stand - but you would really need to bump it really hard to over-balance it. Its the best floor stand I have found that also supports the guitar at the bottom and doesn't allow the guitar to swing if 'bumped'. A lot of stands that support the guitar have nothing around the neck to stop it falling off the stand and those that hold the neck, tend to hang the guitar by the headstock so a bump will cause it to swing - even it doesn't fall off, you get friction rubbing on the headstock and/or risk of swinging into something.

I think its the best floor stand I have seen and I feel content enough to put my PRS guitars on it without worrying if it gets bumped. I think it would take a bigger bump than many before any risk of potential damage to the guitar.

I use Ultracase and Gator touring level stands for the multiples, and Hercules and a D&A Hydra for the singles. When this room is finally finished all of the ones that are on single stands will be put on wall hangers. I don't like to keep mine cased as I want them accessible at any time.

IMG-8413.jpg

The best. Fits gig bags. I don't do multiple guitars and I don't have guitars out on display. Whatever music I'm working on, that's the guitar that's out. If a score calls for an acoustic, I have a similar acoustic stand. You don't want to use one of those stands that catch the guitar at the nut in a pit, because if you miss during a quick change it's a disaster on many levels.

iu

Last edited:
Its possible - like any stand - but you would really need to bump it really hard to over-balance it. Its the best floor stand I have found that also supports the guitar at the bottom and doesn't allow the guitar to swing if 'bumped'. A lot of stands that support the guitar have nothing around the neck to stop it falling off the stand and those that hold the neck, tend to hang the guitar by the headstock so a bump will cause it to swing - even it doesn't fall off, you get friction rubbing on the headstock and/or risk of swinging into something.

I think its the best floor stand I have seen and I feel content enough to put my PRS guitars on it without worrying if it gets bumped. I think it would take a bigger bump than many before any risk of potential damage to the guitar.
I have two stands that are identical on the bottom. One has a resting pad for the back of the guitar and the other has the extension to go up higher, and a neck lock. I bought the one with the neck lock as at first I always used it with my Taylor and I didn't want someone bumping a $4K acoustic guitar and knocking it over while walking off stage. The other one I only use at home, because it was given to me. I strongly prefer the neck lock. Mine has a deeper and wider base though. I've tried with PRS electrics, Taylors, etc. and you almost have to try to knock it over. It has such a stable base that even if you bump it hard, it tips and stands back up on it's own unless you literally walk into it and keep going forcing it to fall over. That's why I asked about the one you showed as the base is smaller and lighter. The downside of mine is the weight and size that create that stability. I'll see if I can find one like yours to try, if the music stores ever reopen

Hercules 5-guitar rack with extra holders (currently have 6 guitars and a bass resting in it) as well as a couple Hercules single stands and 3-4 of their wall hangers. Yeah, I'm a bit of a fan.

Back