Favorite guitar stand

just google tammy driskill guitar holder. images This will get you close enough :D

Found it. Not bad. Don't think the wife would let me get one of those. Probably out of my price range as well...

Found it. Not bad. Don't think the wife would let me get one of those. Probably out of my price range as well...

The price isn't an issue - you'd just pay for it over time.

Solid Ground Stands. You did say favorite! I also have more "normal" stands, like a multi-guitar Hercules.

Here's one of my photos from SGS's customer gallery. That's my first McCarty 594 (and my living room.)

https://www.solidgroundstands.com/

IMG_0996_large.jpg

K&M. Best on the market in my opinion. I have had hercules and they didn't hold up as well as I would have hoped. I think the Memphis pro is the way to go. I have one of their racks. It's perfections. I also own 6 or 7 mic stands, trumpet stands, and a folding portable guitar stand. They all rock.

For a thread about something as mundane as guitar stands it really has ........ legs ..... :p

I've been lurking this thread intensely so far because I'm so way past due on this that it's almost too embarrassing, .... I'm still using the one I've had since the 80's:oops:. It's not even a nice one, a cheapo that the rubber tubing protection disintegrated decades ago and was replaced with radiator hose leftover from my 62' Skylark.

Those funkycool wood furniture thangs are seriously dope!!!, if my use for stands wasn't just for recording in a tight space I'd make one outta scrap wood like I did with my speaker cab.

I'll probably get one of the D&A or Hercules from what I've learned here.

Zither Stands. A hardwood stand, made right here in Texas, USA. Uses the rock solid String Swing hanger, and costs only $99 for the red oak model. Other woods including mahogany, cherry, maple, padauk, walnut, and purleheart are available for $149-199 each.

It’s furniture... beautiful, functional, strong.

https://zitherusa.com/

Got one of these today in the basic Red Oak. Took the guitar to the local PRS shop for a set up this morning and they had one on the floor. $99...same as online so I couldn't pass it up. Man, my PRS looks good on it!

Got one of these today in the basic Red Oak. Took the guitar to the local PRS shop for a set up this morning and they had one on the floor. $99...same as online so I couldn't pass it up. Man, my PRS looks good on it!
It’s a great stand. I’ll definitely be adding a couple more!

Reactions: pgj
Solid Ground Stands. You did say favorite! I also have more "normal" stands, like a multi-guitar Hercules.

Here's one of my photos from SGS's customer gallery. That's my first McCarty 594 (and my living room.)

https://www.solidgroundstands.com/

IMG_0996_large.jpg

Wow, those are beautiful. I may have to think about picking one up. That Premium Bubinga was gorgeous. Don't know if I can justify (to myself) that price tag but maybe...

Here's my K&M stands. The big guardian rack is a gem. It feels too light at first, but sits very solidly on the ground even without the weight of the guitars. What you can't see is how insanely close I can get to the wall. There is about an inch of space. The parts that touch the guitar are super soft and not that cheap smelly stuff found on low quality stands. Its very sturdy by soft solid rubber. No metal lurks beneath as far as I know. The guitars are also divided in a way that it's very difficult to bang into another guitar while removing one. As you can see it easily holds a five string bass just as easy. The little folding guy is great too. Not as squishy as the big boy though!
po2LdyLHj

Last edited:
Picked up a 3rd K&M stand today. Memphis Pro. I like it because it can hold electrics, acoustics, and basses. I'm using this one when I'm actually playing in my practice space. The little foldable stand I have is great but you have to put it down carefully. The larger multi stand is on the other side of the room. This one allows me to quickly and safely put the guitar down. The top close as the guitar weight pushes down. All of the rubber is very soft and I doubt will wear away. K&M always makes sure the materials they use will not scratch or react to the paint. It is sturdy but like any single stand could be tipped over with enough force. The act of putting a heavy 5 string bass on it doesn't phase it in any way. If an 80lb kid fell into it I can't say it would definitely stay up. It occupies the same amount of floor space as a bass 10.00 single guitar stand.

MiLiLX.jpg

i3X1js.jpg

kfdewU.jpg
u3u2zc.jpg

Back