favorite guitar solo?

Zakk Wylde's solo on "No More Tears" has always been one of my favorites. It fits the song so perfectly, the intensity builds up to it so fast and his riffs are spot on. I'm sure there are a million other solos that could be chosen for a million (good) reasons, but that one always gets the hair on the back of my neck to stand up.

I've posted this before but I still can't get enough of it! Tone, feel, chops, construction, the band responding to the solo... and it's live...

Solo @ 2:24

If anyone wants to transcribe that one I'd be eternally grateful, it took me an hour just to work out the head!

Some FZ, solo from about 1:55. He just goes crazy on this one!

Last edited by a moderator:
Solo starts at 3:25 but the epic phrase that makes it my favorite starts at 4:03

Zakk Wylde's solo on "No More Tears" has always been one of my favorites. It fits the song so perfectly, the intensity builds up to it so fast and his riffs are spot on. I'm sure there are a million other solos that could be chosen for a million (good) reasons, but that one always gets the hair on the back of my neck to stand up.

Good choice, that's a great solo!

I would to say just about anything Duane Allman (especially Whipping Post), The guitar solos on Reeling in the Years (Steely Dan--don't remember the guitarist), Eric Clapton -Cream, Blind Faith and Derek and the Dominos (ditto for Duane Allman here). Also, check out Jimi Hendrix's new album from the grave....some really cool guitar licks. And finally Pat Metheny's Roots of Coincidence:

http://youtu.be/fVuzcUH_DsI

How do you guys copy videos from you tube on here?

Frank - right above the compose window are a series of icons. Near the right-hand side are a globe for a link, a globe w/an X for unlink, a picture frame for pictures, and a film strip. The film strip is what you want. Click on that and a window should pop up with a box for your link. Paste it there and...

the 2 solo's george kooymans does in "vanilla queen" on the 1977 live album from golden earring.

Alan, thanks, seriously, I'm a bit technically challenged. Appreciate it bud.

Many of my favorites have already been mentioned so I'll try to post some unusual stuff.

Here's a guy most people haven't heard of. In truth, I don't know much about him myself. But what I do know is that this solo rips! It starts off a little slow, but hang with it a bit and give it a chance to get going. Some really great tones from that Les Paul.

Hell yes! Solo starts at about 1:50 or so. It can't be overstated just how much Malcom's playing compliments the leads from Angus. It's like these two really were born to play together or something.

Here's something a little different, but very cool. Mark can definitely play and squeezes some really great subtle tones out toward the end.

Always loved this one. That's the 'tone' right there!

If you don't like this, then just get the hell off the forum. Not really a solo, but still.

I can't believe I never got into John Petrucci before. I only recently discovered him and I'm floored by his talent!! Both playing and his ear for getting certain clean yet gritty tone.

I wasn't fond of the song 25 or 6 to 4 when it came out but the solo has grown to be my all time favorite.

Last edited:
Extreme - Get the Funk Out
Eagles - Hotel California
Gary Moore - Still got the Blues
Just about any EVH & Vito Bratta too!

I wasn't fond of the song 25 or 6 to 4 when it came out but the solo has grown to be my all time favorite.

I got "stuck" seeing Chicago more than a few times because they were touring with one of my favorite's Earth, Wind, and Fire. I have to say that while I'm still not a huge fan, that is a great guitar solo!

Steve via,for the love of god,best solo ever,has alot of class,melodic at times,well just give it a listen.he uses a tripel neck,amazin video..

Has anyone busted this bad boy out yet?

That's good, but not much tops Jake E. Lee shredding! I think Ozzy's clapping really make the song though.

That's good, but not much tops Jake E. Lee shredding! I think Ozzy's clapping really make the song though.

Haha, I love these. Sadly, the Fred Durst one is real

Steve via,for the love of god,best solo ever,has alot of class,melodic at times,well just give it a listen.he uses a tripel neck,amazin video..
My favorite Vai tune.

Need how to post videos,pics,
video you just click the little film icon and paste the youtube url in, photo you need a host site like flickr or photobucket and put the image code in(looks like this - I added an x before the url so you see code/no pic)
8677428267_4a4d99e134_b.jpg

:laugh: Ozzy's clapping makes EVERY song.
I actually like his playing better in Badlands than I do with Ozzy, I think

Has anyone busted this bad boy out yet?

No, but that's a classic for sure :)

Back