Famous Previous Owner

My DGT Standard, aka Mr. Clean, was originally in the hands of our own Chris Reynolds (CRGTR)...
mrclean.jpg

Here it is in the Great American PRS Pickup Shootout

duotone.jpg

Hamer Duotone, formerly owned by Mike Keneally when he was in Z with Dweezil Zappa. Dweezil had one, too. They used them in that band for "Peaches En Regalia". Mike also used it on his album "Sluggo!", most prominently on "I, Drum Running, Am Clapboard Bound", using the piezo. There's video of him playing on the DVD that's part of the deluxe edition. Coincidentally, Dweezil put his up for sale a few months after I bought this. Instantly thought, "Boom - matched set." But Dweezil was asking about $200 or so more than I paid for Mike's, and I figured I like Mike better so I couldn't justify spending more on Dweezil's just to match the set.

Interestingly, I hesitated on the deal because I didn't want to buy it as a museum piece - I only wanted to pull the trigger if I wasn't afraid to play it (and it's not like it was ever his #1 or identified with him). Mike said he really admired Todd Rundgren, and "if I had a chance to buy his ashtray, I'd jump on it, and I don't smoke." So I bought it. Actually a pretty cool guitar, but just about every time I play it, it reminds me that Hamer made really great instruments, but the high fret access is better on a PRS.

I bought Tony Rombola's (guitarist from Godsmack) Splawn Quick Rod that he used on the record and tour for "IV". I actually saw them on that tour, which made owning the amp even cooler.

I got this guitar from Markie:

]
6197165309_1f42e7a6d0_z.jpg

I too have a Splawn QuickRod from Tony Rombola. The one I have is pretty early no gear knob and the Amp also has an insert of Quilted grey maple done by DT McNaught. Back in the day I'm pretty sure that guitar is a colour Markie asked me if I could do, next thing I know he had awesome new green PS

I too have a Splawn QuickRod from Tony Rombola. The one I have is pretty early no gear knob and the Amp also has an insert of Quilted grey maple done by DT McNaught. Back in the day I'm pretty sure that guitar is a colour Markie asked me if I could do, next thing I know he had awesome new green PS

Well looky here .................... Who is this guy? :D

I don't own any guitars that famous people owned.

but...(There's that word again.)

A long time ago I owned an Epiphone Wilshire.
I sold it to this guy. (See Picture below.)
Before he bought it from me he said to me,
"Why do you want to sell this? Great neck. Great pickups."
It had these weird miniature humbuckers on it.
It was his first ever minihum equipped guitar.
The rest is kind of history.
(Yep, the whole thing was my fault in a way...)

Last edited:
I got several now. Diamond Nitrox the was owned by Zolton from 5FDP, PRS NS-14 from Neal Schon, Marshall JVM that was Nita Strauss. Zach Myers gold top Sig model. Tremonti's gold top.

Q5Xz2xc.jpg

Sor6BHx.jpg

ARcKcNh.jpg

xlCS3HH.jpg

8HY0pbn.jpg

Matt, that second GT! Is so tasty.

Back