Famous Previous Owner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rnodern, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Boogie

Boogie SuperD

My DGT Standard, aka Mr. Clean, was originally in the hands of our own Chris Reynolds (CRGTR)...
    [​IMG]

Here it is in the Great American PRS Pickup Shootout

Alnus Rubra and rnodern like this.
  2. Rider1260

Rider1260 New Member

rnodern likes this.
  3. alantig

alantig SSBMA

[​IMG]

Hamer Duotone, formerly owned by Mike Keneally when he was in Z with Dweezil Zappa. Dweezil had one, too. They used them in that band for "Peaches En Regalia". Mike also used it on his album "Sluggo!", most prominently on "I, Drum Running, Am Clapboard Bound", using the piezo. There's video of him playing on the DVD that's part of the deluxe edition. Coincidentally, Dweezil put his up for sale a few months after I bought this. Instantly thought, "Boom - matched set." But Dweezil was asking about $200 or so more than I paid for Mike's, and I figured I like Mike better so I couldn't justify spending more on Dweezil's just to match the set.

Interestingly, I hesitated on the deal because I didn't want to buy it as a museum piece - I only wanted to pull the trigger if I wasn't afraid to play it (and it's not like it was ever his #1 or identified with him). Mike said he really admired Todd Rundgren, and "if I had a chance to buy his ashtray, I'd jump on it, and I don't smoke." So I bought it. Actually a pretty cool guitar, but just about every time I play it, it reminds me that Hamer made really great instruments, but the high fret access is better on a PRS.

rnodern likes this.
  4. JMintzer

JMintzer Bobble Head Moderator

Ditto...

5. gag halfrunt

gag halfrunt Big Bad Bill

I bought Tony Rombola's (guitarist from Godsmack) Splawn Quick Rod that he used on the record and tour for "IV". I actually saw them on that tour, which made owning the amp even cooler.

I got this guitar from Markie:

][​IMG]

bodia, veinbuster and 11top like this.
  6. gag halfrunt

gag halfrunt Big Bad Bill

Wow, that guitar needs to be mine :)

11top likes this.
  7. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

If only Famous Previous Owner’s talent came with Famous Previous Owner’s instruments!

That’s the thing I’d like; it’s a shame that it’s one of the things that can’t be bought.

Wakester and Alnus Rubra like this.