Fading Charcoal or Grays???

Rockmark

What's your experience w any charcoal or gray color PRS' when left out in a normally lit room over time? We know what the blues do, how about these?

My grey black SC still looks exactly the same. It’s a 2007 I think. It hangs on the wall, but the only window is on that same wall so it doesn’t get direct sun. That said, I’ve seen some that have faded. I mean, the faded grey black color came from somewhere, right? I don’t think the fade percentage is as high as blues, but that’s a guess. The charcoal guitars I used to own didn’t fade either. The one I had longest was in my possession for 5 years or so. My Archon fascia’s never faded.

Mine’s a 2020... still looks like the day I bought it...
IMG_4953.jpg

My grey black SC still looks exactly the same. It’s a 2007 I think. It hangs on the wall, but the only window is on that same wall so it doesn’t get direct sun. That said, I’ve seen some that have faded. I mean, the faded grey black color came from somewhere, right? I don’t think the fade percentage is as high as blues, but that’s a guess. The charcoal guitars I used to own didn’t fade either. The one I had longest was in my possession for 5 years or so. My Archon fascia’s never faded.
Yeah, all my dark gray or char/blk seem pretty stable in their cases. But now I wanted a couple out in view and started to wonder which prompted this thread. I'm especially interested since I really wanted my new frostbite char. dragons breath Dragon to "Hang Out" but don't want fade.

Has there ever been a charcoal thread? Don't think so but it's one of my favorite colors. I'd post a bunch if my damn photobucksh-t wasn't an issue. JD if you see this would you put up a couple of my Dragon shots, thanks.
Let's see some more char/gray ones from your inventories.

Has there ever been a charcoal thread? Don't think so but it's one of my favorite colors. I'd post a bunch if my damn photobucksh-t wasn't an issue. JD if you see this would you put up a couple of my Dragon shots, thanks.
Let's see some more char/gray ones from your inventories.

Okay, you asked for it...

image_dddf987f-40ca-4ea7-ae03-6d748fe12664_1024x1024@2x.jpg

SC 250?
I remember this one from the BaM days.
And I still love it.
Just a singlecut AP. It is 25” scale but originally had gold hardware and #7 pickups. I first saw it on the rig talk forum and obsessed about the guitar. I had a chance to buy it when he sold it but turned it down because I wanted a stripped 58 or SC58. I think it ended up in @Brian G hands somehow and someone from BaM. I believe I commented on it randomly in a thread and that forum member(name escapes me) said he’d consider letting it go and I bought it. I really should do it some justice with a nice video or something. It’s a fantastic guitar that rings for days.

Here's the original look with a better view of the top.
9428606025_9f65483adb_k.jpg

Last edited:
Back