Fading Charcoal or Grays???

I have the left guitar's slightly less attractive sister:

QgRfdOh.jpg

But man does it play so sweetly!

Oh, and the "charcoal" doesn't look so brown in some lighting. Weird.
Charcoal is like that. Sometimes lighting or auto camera settings change whether it looks more grey or brown. Great looking guitar!

Ooh, me too, me too!

This is about 9m old, kept on a wall hanger - it doesn't get direct sunlight but the room does get light in the morning. I don't think it has changed since I got it. The photo is a little yellow though (the wall is whiter than it looks in the photo, for example).

z1gg7FQ.jpg
Love the look of this one! Mahogany back and neck?

As wizardly artistic minds at PRS would have it, there are fine nuanced variations of charcoal:

With a golden brown hue - “Espresso”

With a ghostly pale hue - “London Soot”

This! I'd like to bring the jury's attention to the knob color choices--
Within the same "charcoal" PRS finish (I'm not talking about charcoal "burst" where it fades to black--I mean the regular "charcoal" which usually has a brown/transparent back & neck) if you put the amber knobs on it, it'll come out looking more "toasted chocolate" or "espresso." But with the black/clear knobs, it'll keep that black-ish look. Just a little cue in the details to lead one's eyes & brain in a certain direction.

This! I'd like to bring the jury's attention to the knob color choices--
Within the same "charcoal" PRS finish (I'm not talking about charcoal "burst" where it fades to black--I mean the regular "charcoal" which usually has a brown/transparent back & neck) if you put the amber knobs on it, it'll come out looking more "toasted chocolate" or "espresso." But with the black/clear knobs, it'll keep that black-ish look. Just a little cue in the details to lead one's eyes & brain in a certain direction.

Good point!

It took me a while before I noticed the volume knobs on my 594 have brass screws, while the tones are silver.

Back