DGT Love

I know the 594 is going gang busters.....but I still say the DGT is IMHO is actually more traditional sounding than other offerings from PRS (594 included).

Interesting observation - in what way do you find it more traditional than the 594?

The DGT and 594 both feature traditional materials and PAF style pickups, but the 594 has the more conventional Gibson construction with a thicker mahogany back, thicker neck, fixed bridge and shorter scale length. All of these contribute to a warmer, thicker and more traditional Gibson sound. Even the wiring contributes I think.

My DGT has been my favourite PRS since I got it in 2008 and it caused me to stop playing my other humbucker PRS guitars because of both the tonal quality and the dual volume controls, but I do think that the 594 goes deeper into classic Gibson tonal territory imo.

I did have a second DGT which had a two piece stop tail and that sounded very much like the trem model but with a more immediate attack and a slightly greater depth and presence to the notes played. I'd say it was just slightly more Gibson in tone than the trem version, but I traded it for a 594 to get the best of both.

That doesn't make the 594 better and the DGT is a great guitar.

Last edited:
Back