DGT Love

RonnieD

Good Morning Fellow PRS Folks. While I too over the last few months have been caught in the wave of 594 "whateveryawannacallit" (I bought 2 of "em), last nights gig brought my head down from the clouds and planted my feet firmly again in pure, unadulterated, no muss, no fuss, "Tonesville". I took my GOLDTOP DGT to the gig and, man, it totally delivered the goods! Great, great vintage tones, 11guage strings, the ease of the controls...just everything brought me back to realizing that this is my absolute fav PRS! While I appreciate the 594 and it's details, when it comes right down to it, I find the DGT control layout at little easier to manipulate "on the fly", and that I prefer 11 guage strings with a floating tremolo. The kicker here however, is THE SOUND! I LOVE THE DGT tones!
RonnieD

I love my DGTs. Some of my favorite guitars ever.

Mine, complete with the pernambuco neck, amazes me every time I plug it in.

Very nice! Which finish do you have? I actually have a couple myself :cool::D:p.

Even when I stray into unfamiliar territory with my DGT (prog rock seems like an unlikely place for Mr. Clean), I come out smiling. Appreciation and love is still high for my other guitars, but this simple white guitar always delivers. Always. :cool:

12748185_984774658238261_183553633_n.jpg

DGTs are awesome.

Every time I get close to buying one, PRS comes out with some newfangled thing or other, and it makes me all googly-weak in the knees, and I forget to buy a DGT.

But it's on the dang bucket list.

I always thought the DGT was one of the most popular models but, having discussed it with a dealer recently (UK), he said not. Custom 24 has always been the big seller and, latterly, the 594 is going great guns.

The DGT is a great guitar - I had two, a trem and a two piece hard tail. Have just traded the latter toward a 594.

IMO the DGT is in a way the "sleeper" of the core models as far as vintage tones go. I also tend to believe that when most players get over the stigma associated with playing prs guitars, and actually get to play a DGT, they go "wow, this is pretty cool sounding and plays great"! At least that's been my experience in my neck of the woods, where pretty much everyone plays F and G guitars and I'm the only fellow playing PRS (DGT and recently 594's). Don't get me wrong, I know the 594 is going gang busters (as I recently said starting off this thread having recently bought two) but I still say the DGT is IMHO is actually more traditional sounding than other offerings from PRS (594 included).

As with children, favorites aren't necessary. :)

And, like children, each has a different personality. The one with the pernambuco neck sounds and feels way out of the ordinary to me. The other, with swamp ash body and ziricote neck, is also a but outside "the norm". Good to have them both (all) around the holiday table this week.

Back