DGT Club Lame Duck President

BostonGuitar

Former DGT Club President
I have served 2 full terms as DGT club president and cannot run again...

Who will run for this office?

I read an article over on Buzzfeed that said millennial voters are more interested in progressive metal candidates. It seems they don't really relate enough with the conservative and alt right-handed DGT platform and it's antiquated views on corporate down-tuning.

I read an article over on Buzzfeed that said millennial voters are more interested in progressive metal candidates. It seems they don't really relate enough with the conservative and alt right-handed DGT platform and it's antiquated views on corporate down-tuning.

Snorted a little Coke when I read this.

I heard this was only true while dwelling in the basement. in the wild, the opposite is true.

Perhaps @JoJo would be a honorable successor.

Too much honour, especially as my DGT - as much as I love her - is heavily modded (pups and electronics). Given that and looking at my record here as an occasional visitor, I would not make a good Vice President...

DGT pickups out, original potentiometers and wiring completely out.

Bare Knuckle Abraxas Set in, three new push-pull pots in (individual coil-splits on the volumes and an out-of-phase switch for the bridge pickup on the master tone), on the way also swapped positions of bridge and neck volume potentiometers.
Finally, experimented a bit with the resistances on the coil splits (adapted to the different DC resistances of the splittable Abraxas pickups) and put a Bare Knuckle PIO tone cap in, while omitting the treble bleed cap in favour of a 50s wiring (also after quite a bit of experimentation, but being an experimental physicist by education, that's quite all right).

Finally, faux bone tuner buttons switched to chrome ones.

Now, she's finally perfect for me: funk, folk, blues, classic rock, it's all in there, but in a more well-mannered way than before :cool:

Thus: no regrets at all for the sacrilege ;)

@Mike Duncan: There you go...

Dinner is ready:
IMG_0553_zps3yanr1jb.jpg

IMG_0553_zps3yanr1jb.jpg

A peek inside (before):
IMG_0555_zpskaferxun.jpg

IMG_0555_zpskaferxun.jpg

... and after:
IMG_0165_zpsdkhs4ucp.jpg

IMG_0165_zpsdkhs4ucp.jpg

Looking good:
IMG_0565_zpslysar4mt.jpg