DGT Club Lame Duck President

Thanks a lot for the kind words. A clear backplate would compromise the "clean" look of the guitars backside. And I do know very well what's inside as it took me several hours to install everything ;)

I'm quite happy with the tone of the modified guitar, it suits me personally much better than before.
The base guitar is a very good instrument indeed: I like both the control layout (2 volumes, 1 tone) and the neck profile very much. The build and wood quality (being a WL guitar) has never been stirred even a shadow of a doubt with me.

The fact that Mr. Grissom and me have different tonal preferences is just a slight setback and can easily be remedied...

For anybody willing to listen to my poor playing skills, here's a recent recording of the modified DGT on SoundCloud.

Thanks a lot for the kind words. A clear backplate would compromise the "clean" look of the guitars backside. And I do know very well what's inside as it took me several hours to install everything ;)

I'm quite happy with the tone of the modified guitar, it suits me personally much better than before.
The base guitar is a very good instrument indeed: I like both the control layout (2 volumes, 1 tone) and the neck profile very much. The build and wood quality (being a WL guitar) has never been stirred even a shadow of a doubt with me.

The fact that Mr. Grissom and me have different tonal preferences is just a slight setback and can easily be remedied...

For anybody willing to listen to my poor playing skills, here's a recent recording of the modified DGT on SoundCloud.

Sounds great to me! Dig the Abraxas. I dropped a set in my Bernie.

Due to my love of singlecut PRS, I don't think I qualify for President or even Vice President, but I'll put myself up as the Secretary of DGT'ness or Archbishop of the DGT cult :D:eek::cool:.

Here is my application for the job.

26221957830_ba4b532c9d_o.jpg

I'll throw this in there too, since it does have the control layout :D:D

21580467688_58f55fb37a_o.jpg

This is quite the resume:

Due to my love of singlecut PRS, I don't think I qualify for President or even Vice President, but I'll put myself up as the Secretary of DGT'ness or Archbishop of the DGT cult :D:eek::cool:.

Stunning! Are these Private Stocks?

@Mike Duncan: There you go...

Dinner is ready:
IMG_0553_zps3yanr1jb.jpg

IMG_0553_zps3yanr1jb.jpg

A peek inside (before):
IMG_0555_zpskaferxun.jpg

IMG_0555_zpskaferxun.jpg

... and after:
IMG_0165_zpsdkhs4ucp.jpg

IMG_0165_zpsdkhs4ucp.jpg

Looking good:
IMG_0565_zpslysar4mt.jpg

IMG_0565_zpslysar4mt.jpg

And finally in good company:
IMG_0166_zpsskuv5fov.jpg

Beauty and the Beast... you decide :cool:

While I personally feel that the stock DGT is one perfect machine, I cannot fault someone for making killer mods to a great platform! :D Nicely done, JoJo!

*faints*

You still have some of THE best PRS in your collection ever, sir! :D

JoJo, which pickups did you install and how do the two guitars compare post switch?

I have two DGT's, one with a trem and one with the two piece fixed tail and was considering putting different pick ups in the latter. I was thinking of the Peter Green PU's. Or maybe Emerald's?

Edit: Ok, re-read the whole thread properly. That wiring set up sounds sensible to me as I always wondered they didn't offer a separate split for each pickup on the two volumes. The out of phase is the icing on the cake. Nice!

Last edited:
So what's going on? Do we have some candidates ready? Is there gonna be a debate? A town hall?

Give it to me.

One week to go... I made the best of it by visiting with PRSh and DGh in New Hampshire at John Mann's Guitar Vault clinic on Saturday...

Cool. Did you get your DGT signed?

I bet his sounded better than yours!:D

Back