Demographics: Age

How old are you? Answers are anonymous and can be changed (as you age).

• 24 and under

• 25-29

• 30-34

• 35-39

• 40-44

• 45-49

• 50-54

• 55-59

• 60-64

• 65 and over

Results are only viewable after voting.
No one knows how old I am, including me.

The calendar hadn't been invented when I was born, and there was really no need to keep track of seasons, since agriculture hadn't been invented, and it was always winter.

Dirt had been invented, but there wasn't much of it around because where I lived was covered with ice all year.

All we knew was 'it's very cold', 'it's not as cold', and 'oh crap, snowing again'. There wasn't rain, It either snowed, or didn't snow. Kind of like Michigan from November - May.

On snowy days it was easier to track mammoths, so we did the Let's Hunt Mammoth In The Snow' dance to rock music.

I probably forgot to mention this before - there was rock music, made by knocking two rocks together. Although we couldn't count to two, because numbers and counting hadn't been thought of yet, we could hold a rock in each hand and that was enough. However, we didn't know why that was enough. There weren't logical explanations for that, or anything else, because thinking hadn't been invented until much later.

This is probably why my posts are so pointless.

Hence the “Two Rock” amp.

I am now in the last box...for good or bad.
When did that happen?
I'd guess it's for good.

My father used to say, "The alternative isn't so great."

After all, the only thing he had experience with was existence as a human being. Since he's in a bronze box in the ground now, I suppose that's true. There are those who think it's better on the 'other side'. I'm not one of them. I don't believe in supernatural stuff.

I figure, you're here, or you're gone, and that's it. So I try to make the most of being here, the operative term being, 'try'. Usually, I fail miserably at trying to make the most of being here.

"Maybe you get another go-round in that 'wheel of life' thing, old man."

"Prove it."

"I can't, no one can. Either you believe or you don't."

"If you can't prove it, I ain't thinkin' about it for even one second!"

I'm forever late to the party...
I about howled at Sergio's "exotic meat" thing. Foie Gras I can get into, but all the rest (especially the em, 'nads) are off the menu entirely for this retired meat head (recall I ran my own meat dept).
I'm old enough to be in that broad last category (just), television was pretty much rare, and more than 2 channels was opulence. I do recall watching the Redstone (John Glen) launch before school, I drank from the garden hose, ran through the sprinkler, and toboggans were all hardwood. My folks hosted square dance parties in the living room; dont really know how, the room barely held the five of us to watch the Beverly Hillbillies and Bonanza together. Record player did all 3 types, 78's were the main stack and we were forever looking for centerpieces for the 45s, always my fault being the youngest.
Life was simpler then...

I'm forever late to the party...
I about howled at Sergio's "exotic meat" thing. Foie Gras I can get into, but all the rest (especially the em, 'nads) are off the menu entirely for this retired meat head (recall I ran my own meat dept).
I'm old enough to be in that broad last category (just), television was pretty much rare, and more than 2 channels was opulence. I do recall watching the Redstone (John Glen) launch before school, I drank from the garden hose, ran through the sprinkler, and toboggans were all hardwood. My folks hosted square dance parties in the living room; dont really know how, the room barely held the five of us to watch the Beverly Hillbillies and Bonanza together. Record player did all 3 types, 78's were the main stack and we were forever looking for centerpieces for the 45s, always my fault being the youngest.
Life was simpler then...
My fav thing about that era was, the seatbelt (aka moms arm)! I loved the way she thought that her arm was going to help out when/if the car crashed into ANYTHING! Anyway, F the helmets, F the bottled water, F the right to transition at 9 years old, lets jump back in time and if we do so, there may be a viable future!!

My fav thing about that era was, the seatbelt (aka moms arm)! I loved the way she thought that her arm was going to help out when/if the car crashed into ANYTHING! Anyway, F the helmets, F the bottled water, F the right to transition at 9 years old, lets jump back in time and if we do so, there may be a viable future!!
Yeah, I call it the Evel Knievel Generation. I've had bruises as a result of “moms airbag” and you’d better sit up straight or you could catch a bow to the the throat during a brake check.

We used to jack cinder blocks and plywood to build ramps. Physics be damned!

Helmets? Pfft..those were for the dirt bikes and sissies. My dad wouldn’t let us leave the house with a motorcycle helmet, he knew it would get lost or damaged. Bicycle helmets weren’t around back then, so we raw dogged it. Besides, we didn’t need no stinkin’ helmets. They didn’t look cool. (one kid got a pass in the hood for wearing a helmet…he had to wear it every day) That being said there were SEVERAL trips to the E.R. every summer and the occasional weekday afternoon. It got so bad my mom was afraid the doctors were gonna think we were being abused and report her. We had it made back then, the older I get the more I love and appreciate how great life was. Especially now.

Last edited:
Yeah, I call it the Evel Knievel Generation. I've had bruises as a result of “moms airbag” and you’d better sit up straight or you could catch a bow to the the throat during a brake check.

Helmets? Pfft..those were for the dirt bikes and sissies. My dad wouldn’t let us leave the house with a motorcycle helmet, he knew it would get lost or damaged. Bicycle helmets weren’t around back then, so we raw dogged it. Besides, we didn’t need no stinkin’ helmets. They didn’t look cool. (one kid got a pass in the hood for wearing a helmet…he had to wear it every day) That being said there were SEVERAL trips to the E.R. every summer and the occasional weekday afternoon. It got so bad my mom was afraid the doctors were gonna think we were being abused and report her. We had it made back then, the older I get the more I love and appreciate how great life was. Especially now.

College Mascots?!;)

Raw dogged it (no helmet)! Love it!! For better or worse, I did not make too many trips to the ER as my mom was a nurse (only once when I stepped on a claw hammer and needed stitches)!!! On the ramps thing, here is my story. We lived at the bottom of a hill and the alley behind the house was the perfect place to set up the ramps (usually an old door that was in the garage and some cinder blocks). Only problem was, at the bottom of the alley, you had to go left or right otherwise you are going straight into a garage door. Well one day, I am cookin' down the hill to hit the ramp, and I decide to angle it a bit so that on landing, I would already be heading to the left a bit, making that turn a lot easier. Took it a bit too far left and once in air, I could see the imminent disaster. I went front wheel first right into a concrete garbage bin ;~(( No different than hitting a brick wall, it did NOT move! The banana seat on my bike did not help as you can imagine what happened to my family jewels (crushing would be the most descriptive word I could apply)! At least my head did not go into anything! Fun times!!!!!!!! I truly feel sorry for the kids these days and the sheltered lives they are forced to lead. It is good for them in some senses, but horrible in others! In old man voice "Back when I was a kid . . ."!!!!!!!

No one knows how old I am, including me.

The calendar hadn't been invented when I was born, and there was really no need to keep track of seasons, since agriculture hadn't been invented, and it was always winter.

Dirt had been invented, but there wasn't much of it around because where I lived was covered with ice all year.

All we knew was 'it's very cold', 'it's not as cold', and 'oh crap, snowing again'. There wasn't rain, It either snowed, or didn't snow. Kind of like Michigan from November - May.

On snowy days it was easier to track mammoths, so we did the Let's Hunt Mammoth In The Snow' dance to rock music.

I probably forgot to mention this before - there was rock music, made by knocking two rocks together. Although we couldn't count to two, because numbers and counting hadn't been thought of yet, we could hold a rock in each hand and that was enough. However, we didn't know why that was enough. There weren't logical explanations for that, or anything else, because thinking hadn't been invented until much later.

This is probably why my posts are so pointless.
Your story is just like mine! I’m from far-northern Maine originally and we had the same weather when I grew-up during the Ice Age. We had a great time banging rocks together too!

Your story is just like mine! I’m from far-northern Maine originally and we had the same weather when I grew-up during the Ice Age. We had a great time banging rocks together too!
Far northern Maine is pretty temperate in comparison to where I am. But I'll give you the humidity factor for sure. Don't do no good banging rocks around these parts even to create a spark. Snow and ice makes pi$$ poor kindling! But we've done fair good since we got 'tricity...trouble is when the juice goes out, we gotta watch our breath plumes in the dark, and its hard ta make them little feet prints on the window panes with no lights, keep losing the way home

Back