Considering buying a Custom 24 core

Staalt

So I've recently been looking to purchase a Custom 24.
But due to the limited market here in Norway, there aren't a whole lot of guitars to choose from, and import is sadly too expensive.

Anyways, I found a new S2 Custom 24 and almost decided to buy it, but after searching the used market there appears to be a couple Custom 24 cores for sale at almost the same price as the S2, one of which I find rather appealing.

What has been bugging me about it is that I don't recognize the PRS signature font, and it looks like the trussrod cover is overlapping the signature.

I'm not very familiar with core PRS' and was hoping if anyone would take a look at the pictures and help me confirm it's authenticity.

Link: https://www.finn.no/bap/forsale/ad.html?finnkode=174878393

Looks good to me. I’m sure the senior members will get you better info. See if you can get the seller to take a picture of back of the head stock, where the serial number shows.

The headstock numbers say that's a 2008 10 top. The signature does look like it was applied a little too close to the nut. So that's a minor cosmetic problem. But that looks 100% like the real deal, and a beauty too!

Yup, that’s the real thing. My guess is that the truss rod cover is not original to the guitar, but everything else is spot on...and it’s the best PRS color...you can’t go wrong with blue! (It’s my favorite) there are several different sized truss rod covers, due to the many models put out over the years, so rest easy and go for it!

Alright, I've been speaking with the guy and he's holding it for me currently.
It's a long trip from where Iæm at, and will take a full day back and forth, so we've set a date next week.
Have to hold back my excitement untill then, I'll keep you updated. :)

Alright, I've been speaking with the guy and he's holding it for me currently.
It's a long trip from where Iæm at, and will take a full day back and forth, so we've set a date next week.
Have to hold back my excitement untill then, I'll keep you updated. :)
Sweet! You're gonna love it!

Back