2024-Updated Core Custom 24-08?

MichaelC24

Sucker for Squabbins
Looks like we may have our first look at some of the upcoming 2024 Core offerings..

Custom 24-08 looks to have the “Paul’s” style pickups, and the John McLaughlin tuner buttons..as well as a new color called “Carroll Blue”

Love it.. reminds me of the limited “Brushstroke” 24’s. Wish they would bring those back!
9OWD9YV.jpeg
EchiP82.jpeg
2IsMOc3.jpeg

Looks like we may have our first look at some of the upcoming 2024 Core offerings..

Custom 24-08 looks to have the “Paul’s” style pickups, and the John McLaughlin tuner buttons..as well as a new color called “Carroll Blue”

Love it.. reminds me of the limited “Brushstroke” 24’s. Wish they would bring those back!
9OWD9YV.jpeg
EchiP82.jpeg
2IsMOc3.jpeg
I noticed the tuners, too. I thought a bit about this guitar and power to Paul and the Crew for doing things their way. This is what you want from an influential company

Interesting, but I'm bit concerned about how well TCI pickups can handle harder rock/metal tones...sure I saw a performance of T-Pain (don't laugh, he can actually sing quite well) covering Black Sabbath's "War Pigs" with the guitarist playing a MEV and getting a good Iommi-esque tone, and as Ola Englund's Will It Chug? YouTube series has shown, pretty much anything can do heavier sounds when paired with the right amp, but will it feel right to play harder music on a more "eclectic"-focused instrument?

Oh well, there are 6 years worth of CU24-08s with full-sized humbuckers that won't magically disappear if/when this takes over (though they might go up in value depending on how it's received).

I don’t care for the buttons, but it’s not my money.
I'm guessing you could use the P3 tuner buttons. I'd prefer those anyhow. These look odd to me.
Weird they trotted this design out again. PRS used it in the past exactly once (on maybe the Artist III?).

The buttons back then were metal and they were on Phase I (.2) winged tuners made by someone (?) between the Schaller and Gotoh manufacturing switch.

I have a set

Back