Can I get the 21 rules of tone?

I mean the limba isnt super heavy, not neck heavy at all from the weight, and is so dry! It's around a 0.6 for moisture so thats great. And I will keep you in mind if you want to be a future customer!!
Look up PRS SE Singlecut Korina on Reverb. Korina is another name for White Limba. These were a limited run, and are sought after for their light weight and sound. They Have a Rosewood Fret Board. (not sure if it is Indian or Brazillian). This is my most wanted guitar right now.

Limba | The Wood Database - Lumber Identification (Hardwood) (wood-database.com)

Look up PRS SE Singlecut Korina on Reverb. Korina is another name for White Limba. These were a limited run, and are sought after for their light weight and sound. They Have a Rosewood Fret Board. (not sure if it is Indian or Brazillian). This is my most wanted guitar right now.

Limba | The Wood Database - Lumber Identification (Hardwood) (wood-database.com)
Im sure the SE's won't use Brazilan due to it's limited stock. You can't harvest it any more. It either has to fall naturally or it had to be cut before the 1992 ban

PRSfanboy46,

I challenge you to make a guitar (or guitar like object) in the next week. Post a picture of your finished product by December 6, 2020. Tell us how you think it turned out and what you learned.

Rules of the challenge:
You can’t buy pre-made guitar specific parts (strings excluded).
Total budget cannot exceed $20.
You must do the work yourself.

Anyone else is welcome to join in.
I don't have the tools or means

A week isn’t enough time to do a thoughtful, careful job or learn very much.
Thats why PRS takes a whole month to finish a neck. It's not something you can do in a day. You put in 1.9 and you get 0.9 out. It wont work!

PRSfanboy46,

I challenge you to make a guitar (or guitar like object) in the next week. Post a picture of your finished product by December 6, 2020. Tell us how you think it turned out and what you learned.

Rules of the challenge:

Sounds like a Reality TV Show in the making.

4 contestants work through 3 challenges involving Guitar making. Each challenge harder than the last and eliminating one contestant. The final two remaining are given a week to construct a working guitar in the style of the judges choice. the winner is named "Master Luthier" and is awarded $10,000.

sort of like that show on the History Channel "Forged In Fire"

While he's in there i would be great to put a note in that safe reminding Paul he is supposed to put trems on the Vela.
Ok if you want you ask and you receive! Also if you REALLY want a vela with a trem, go either thru wood library and ask for a limited run, or a private stock or go thru PTC and get a vela and ask them to put a trem on it!

A week isn’t enough time to do a thoughtful, careful job or learn very much.

I don't have the tools or means

The limitations prevent you from overthinking the process and allow you to realize you can create something with what resources you have. You will learn something. Will you come out with an instrument that you will want to play? Probably not. But you will have started to build experiential knowledge and you will approach building from a more creative point instead of trying to follow a template for what someone else says is the way it is supposed to be done. What are the rules of tone? There are no rules.

The limitations prevent you from overthinking the process and allow you to realize you can create something with what resources you have. You will learn something. Will you come out with an instrument that you will want to play? Probably not. But you will have started to build experiential knowledge and you will approach building from a more creative point instead of trying to follow a template for what someone else says is the way it is supposed to be done. What are the rules of tone? There are no rules.
https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/guitar-build-challenge.45972/

Rules of the challenge:

I'm done. Used cardboard tube from a roll of gift wrap. Not just any gift wrap, the heavier mil kind with the metallic finish. I reckon they use a better grade of cardboard for those tubes. Then I attached six rubber bands (seven-rubber band Petrucci model not yet available). Twelve string models are back-ordered several months as this will be a lean Christmas and empty mega rolls are at a premium. Comes with complimentary string attached to a tin can. Not just any can, but from sliced pineapples, which were immediately discarded, as someone might have attempted to put them on a pizza, which is the devil's work. Not that I have anything his work, everybody's gotta make a living, but that particular practice is evil in it's purest form.

I'm done. Used cardboard tube from a roll of gift wrap. Not just any gift wrap, the heavier mil kind with the metallic finish. I reckon they use a better grade of cardboard for those tubes. Then I attached six rubber bands (seven-rubber band Petrucci model not yet available). Twelve string models are back-ordered several months as this will be a lean Christmas and empty mega rolls are at a premium. Comes with complimentary string attached to a tin can. Not just any can, but from sliced pineapples, which were immediately discarded, as someone might have attempted to put them on a pizza, which is the devil's work. Not that I have anything his work, everybody's gotta make a living, but that particular practice is evil in it's purest form.
No petrucci 7 model?? I WAS expecting the 9 string baritone!! I wanted that with a floyd rose, sustaniac, EMG's, 40 degree angle headstock, buckeye burl fretboard, mahogany top, hollow body as well, and a piezeo obviously! Maybe a treble bleed circuit and a kaos pad built in, with TWO whammy bars.

Pics or it was Hello Kitty paper.

Back