Can’t decide

gioforce76

Bartender to the stars
I can’t decide which neck I’ve been liking better . Since I’ve been stuck at home and can actually play more. I have been voicing back and forth between the custom 22 and 513. I’m thinking I like the pattern regular necks better that are on the 513 and dc-3 .
The pattern regular just feels right . Not sure why all of sudden but for this week it’s pattern regular . Who knows what neck week will bring .

I can’t decide which neck I’ve been liking better . Since I’ve been stuck at home and can actually play more. I have been voicing back and forth between the custom 22 and 513. I’m thinking I like the pattern regular necks better that are on the 513 and dc-3 .
The pattern regular just feels right . Not sure why all of sudden but for this week it’s pattern regular . Who knows what neck week will bring .
I've been playing a lot of guitars during the distancing effort: 513s, 594s, the new (to me) Hollowbody Spruce. That might be one of the biggest benefits I've come across. Jumping from one neck carve to the next is a pretty good exercise in getting your bends on target, and just freeing you from the "I only play (insert your current fave here) neck carve" limitation. I've even been playing my Fenders, Gibsons, Yamaha, and Carvins during this time, and let me tell you there is some range of shapes and scales between all those.

Back to the OP, though, the 513s I have are the 2007s with the 513 carve. I'm not certain how that compares to the pattern neck, but I think it is close. I always seem to come home to the 513, no matter what I play or for how long. That says a lot about the right-ness of that neck and it's feel. It was a home run when they came up with that guitar and neck.

Back