Best lockdown purchase

@Tone-y
I'm in the same boat as you. Working from home for the past 4 months in my home office/guitar room.
I spend all day on my laptop and have picked up a couple 80's Boss pedals, Ibanez ts808 reissue, PRS guitar cases, 12U rack cabinet, guitar hangers and guitar strings, plus I went out and picked thru my wood pile and built and stained a new wall guitar rack and I'm currently working on a custom wood pedalboard to hold all my pedals. Thats on top of all the car work Ive got done too, new Vanos, coil packs, tune up and entire cooling system replaced for the M3, new gas tank, fuel pump, fuel lines and carb rebuild for the Cuda. Got the entire garage cleaned and sorted.
Yep, you could say I've been fighting boredom big-time.
I think the best purchase was both the SE's I picked up. Paul's Guitar fire red and the Hollowbody II Piezo in black gold. Super happy with both as they will keep me busy during any slack time and hopefully keep me away from the computer.
49734784713_8b9c3db269_b.jpg

50054441973_b8527d81f4_b.jpg

Last edited:
@Tone-y
I'm in the same boat as you. Working from home for the past 4 months in my home office/guitar room.
I spend all day on my laptop and have picked up a couple 80's Boss pedals, Ibanez ts808 reissue, PRS guitar cases, 12U rack cabinet, guitar hangers and guitar strings, plus I went out and picked thru my wood pile and built and stained a new wall guitar rack and I'm currently working on a custom wood pedalboard to hold all my pedals. Thats on top of all the car work Ive got done too, new Vanos, coil packs, tune up and entire cooling system replaced for the M3, new gas tank, fuel pump, fuel lines and carb rebuild for the Cuda. Got the entire garage cleaned and sorted.
Yep, you could say I've been fighting boredom big-time.
I think the best purchase was both the SE's I picked up. Paul's Guitar fire red and the Hollowbody II Piezo in black gold. Super happy with both as they will keep me busy during any slack time and hopefully keep me away from the computer.
49734784713_8b9c3db269_b.jpg

50054441973_b8527d81f4_b.jpg
I've just started to look out for 80s boss pedals. All of a sudden I have a bit of a yearning to put together a boss pedalboard. I'll probably never get around to it as there's bound to be something else come up to obsesses over.
Not 80s, but I got a boss od3 cheap yesterday, and this week I dug out my old od-2r turbo overdrive. Man that's actually a killer pedal. When I played out at jam nights that was the only pedal I had at the time that sounded ok loud, since I stopped doing that 10 years ago the pedal has just sat in a box forgotten about. What a waste!

I have a new PRS rig acquired during the lockdown, some here and some incoming. I got an H combo a couple months ago but have super little time on it. And I have waiting for me at FedEx when I get home from vacation a ‘94 dark cherry sunburst 10 top Custom 22 with Dragons and wings. Should be a killer combination.

vk7Jz9v.jpg

8xlPmtf.jpg

That's lovely! Want me to go pick it up for you?;)

Having not bought any new gear for around a year, I ended up buying 2 new guitars during the past month or so. Both are at opposite ends of the spectrum and, as such I cannot pick one over the other as being the 'best' purchase. Both are incredible instruments, both equal in terms of quality or 'tier' as both are regular Core, non 10 top guitars - although there is a difference in price point and both are in my favourite colour too.

First, I bought a 2019 PRS 594 Hollowbody ii. This has 'most' of the 2020 specs, only missing out on the Vintage style tuners - something I am very happy about as it means I didn't have to buy a set of Phase III's to swap them with the Vintage style and I also think the tuner buttons and overall look are so much nicer too. Of course, this has a vintage vibe with low(er) output 58/15 LT Humbuckers, shorter scale length with a thicker Pattern Vintage neck carve and the classic 2-piece fixed bridge - as well as being Hollow...

w4FlaEY.jpg

Second, I bought a 2019 Custom 24 Floyd. This is a much more modern type instrument with 'high' output \m/ Pickups, a Pattern Thin neck, 24 frets with the Floyd Rose Locking Trem system and of course a Solid body. This is at the other end of the spectrum from the vintage, low output hollowbody of my 594 above.

Y2PwDPa.jpg

Because these are so different, both being the 'best' for their own reasons and 'best' for different roles as well as both being 'relatively' equal on quality etc, I cannot pick one over the other as being the overall best.

I may have pushed the boat out a bit too far to acquire both at this time but right now, I have no regrets....

Yessir! Really, really like it my myself, but it may not be everyone’s cup o tea.
Cool. It's that the standard production or the custom shop? I'm not sure that I've seen any in the UK yet, though I wouldn't be able to afford one either way. Thinking of a few years when they hit the second hand market

Back