Beater CE 24

I guess it depends on what you're looking for. There are some nice ce24s on fleabay around a grand. If you're looking for a CE, I'd pass and keep looking. If your limit is$500, go for it.

I have a barely used CE 24 from 1998 that is a beautiful guitar which I noodle around with it. I wanted to get something as somewhat of a play toy to try to fix, modify or play around with and not care what happens to it. I keep looking at that crack around the neck plate and something says run away yeti seems from other post that the necks are worth 450 alone. If I can get it for 450, i may play. Thanks all.

I can relate based on my project guitar. The necks are hard to come by, and would be worth the price of admission.

your project guitar is awesome btw…a lot nicer than me touching up this old battle axe.

there are plenty out there in better shape than this one...it all depends on what you are looking for and what you are willing to spend.

$500? I still think that's a $750 guitar at the very least... Not sayin' you shouldn't try.

edit: BTW I want to paint that guitar so friggin' badly.

Last edited:
Not worth $1000 solely because of that crack at the neck. I'd play for $500.

Same here, 1K is absolutely above where the price should be. Serg's 750$ is more appropriate with 500$ being more than a pretty good deal.

1K should get you a CE in decent shape. This thing has so much wrong with it, look at the rust on the hardware! Phewwww...

I have a ce with cracks very simular to what I see in your pic. Mine appear to be in finish only. I play it a lot and use trem aggressively. It stays in tune very well.

I would want close up pics of trem fulcrum screw area and fret wire to make sure those aren't jacked up.

CEs rock! Good luck.

500 is really lowballing it, you see the necks on the bay all the time for 450, but that's only because that's what a lot of scumbags sell them for - and then the rest of the guitar pieced off. Kind of messed up. Agreeing with Serge, 750 seems more reasonable.

The cracks at the neck are likely just finish cracks. Happens fairly often on bolt neck guitars, though I haven't seen it on a CE before. I wouldn't be worried, given all the other finish damage.

But man, it's in rough shape. I agree it depends on what you want to do with it, but $999 is crazy high.

Man, the CE market has taken a dive in the past month. I just checked eBay for completed listings and was wowed at the deals. There are a few going off today that look Bangin'! for less than $1000... maybe $500 isn't so out of line?

Last edited:
That is what I was looking at before. I think it is because of the flow of SE's that are our there for similar quality and lower money.

Tried to upload a photo of my CE24 but for some reason cannot figure it out.

Back