Artist Bashing Trend.....

Sometimes peoples opinions of others are only to make themselves feel better. As one who has been bullied as a kid and professional adult its not tolerated by me. IT is a competitive business where it seems everyone wants to be the smartest and most knowledgeable. Too many emergency situations have been caused by people that claim to know what they are doing.

I agree Dankat. The people who can see this behaviour for what it is can see through the veil and accurately judge the comment or situation.

Also Mitch Miller said: There are only two kinds of music, good and bad. The rest is all bull ****!

For me, it mostly boils down to jealousy, and always has. Those with no talent can make themselves feel better by putting down the truly talented. Remember, those that can, does. If you can’t play, insult or criticize the ones that can, especially if they’re really talented. You might end up as an influencer, art/theatre/music critic, or even president. A lot of people will never notice that you suck at what you pretend to be knowledgeable about.
Some of the greatest artists I’ve ever met are also the best people. They see the good in other artists and respect and admire ability. I’ve been humbled more than once by a superior artist pointing out talent I failed to see.

This was from a post I put up on Facebook after spending an hour or so on some facebook pages. I had to get it out. Some to the stuff I hear there is ridiculous....

"
Why do people who work in creative fields spend so much time BASHING and deliberately DEMEANING other people in that same industry [who are actually successful] ? IE: Tattooing, music, acting, etc ......

There are plenty of tattoo artists (PROFESSIONAL ones are who I am talking about to be clear) that I wouldn't let tattoo me. And there are plenty of musicians that I wouldn't CHOOSE to put on in the car. But, just because they aren't appealing to may particular tastes, doesn't mean that they "suck", or "couldn't pick a note to save his life", or is the "worst artist I've ever seen". And, lets face it, those who say those kinds of things are usually expressing them to large crowds of others in an attempt to get them to say degrading stuff about that individual. Get everyone else to pile on with the bashing.

Everyone who works in a creative field has to figure out what their lane is, what niche they are going to fill. And, often, the people catching the most sh*t, have learned to fill that lane better than most. Perhaps it is the jealousy of the success of someone who knows what they do, and just does it, that sets other people [in that same industry] off so much.

I don't know. Whatever it is, it is a bad look. We all have a space to fill. Everyone can't be trying to occupy the same slot AT THE SAME TIME. And there is something that is appealing to EVERYONE. If it ain't for you, what is the need to talk so much sh*t? You don't have to choose to listen to them, or to go get a sleeve done by them, or to watch a movie they are in. Constructive criticism is one thing. Trying to trash someone else's work WHILE TRYING TO GET OTHERS TO DO IT TOO is a whole different thing. Might be time to check your self esteem."

Anyway, figured I would post it here to see what others think about this phenomenon.
Insecure or anally retentive folks most likely.

Here's something else as well. The current mindset many folks have is one of the "couch potato" or "armchair quarterback" mindset. They can read their news and or watch TV from both of these, but the question is, are they doing anything that will help them avoid the surgery they will need if they remain "couch potatoes" or "armchair quarterbacks?"

Likewise, what we take in on FB allows us to judge other's comments, when in fact, if we do so, others will judge us, and perhaps, not always favorably.

Perhaps the important illustration we need to understand is, if this world is currently undergoing a lot of turmoil because of varied viewpoints and unrest based on current world conditions, there is considerable disagreements because each person with a voice is trying to amplify their voice louder than the rest so they will be heard.

Truth is, folks have had ample time to get the heck off the couch and avoid surgery. Take care off yourselves first, and then consider how you can live a healthier life physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.

Speaking as a moron with a cell phone, I do tend to say what I think, and that can/does often rub people up the wrong way both online and IRL. However, I don’t go out of my way to be negative and, to be fair to myself, people always know where they stand with me. I also don’t use social media, I’m not on FB etc. I think social media is a diseased cesspit of narcissism and bad choices, frankly. I have IG but I don’t post, I just like to see/read/listen to what more talented people do with guitars, mostly.

There definitely are people out there who seek out opportunities to be nasty to others, but equally there are people who just don’t always come over too well on the internet. And in those situations I prefer to consider that any perceived malice is unintentional (unless it clearly is).

This was from a post I put up on Facebook after spending an hour or so on some facebook pages. I had to get it out. Some to the stuff I hear there is ridiculous....

"
Why do people who work in creative fields spend so much time BASHING and deliberately DEMEANING other people in that same industry [who are actually successful] ? IE: Tattooing, music, acting, etc ......

There are plenty of tattoo artists (PROFESSIONAL ones are who I am talking about to be clear) that I wouldn't let tattoo me. And there are plenty of musicians that I wouldn't CHOOSE to put on in the car. But, just because they aren't appealing to may particular tastes, doesn't mean that they "suck", or "couldn't pick a note to save his life", or is the "worst artist I've ever seen". And, lets face it, those who say those kinds of things are usually expressing them to large crowds of others in an attempt to get them to say degrading stuff about that individual. Get everyone else to pile on with the bashing.

Everyone who works in a creative field has to figure out what their lane is, what niche they are going to fill. And, often, the people catching the most sh*t, have learned to fill that lane better than most. Perhaps it is the jealousy of the success of someone who knows what they do, and just does it, that sets other people [in that same industry] off so much.

I don't know. Whatever it is, it is a bad look. We all have a space to fill. Everyone can't be trying to occupy the same slot AT THE SAME TIME. And there is something that is appealing to EVERYONE. If it ain't for you, what is the need to talk so much sh*t? You don't have to choose to listen to them, or to go get a sleeve done by them, or to watch a movie they are in. Constructive criticism is one thing. Trying to trash someone else's work WHILE TRYING TO GET OTHERS TO DO IT TOO is a whole different thing. Might be time to check your self esteem."

Anyway, figured I would post it here to see what others think about this phenomenon.
I try not to bash other artists. It's totally wrong. I always agree with what you're saying. Always!

Um...unless they're Kiss, or other artists I don't much care for. ;)

OK, I'm a hypocrite. So what. Where's that crying with laughter emoji indicating I'm full of BS when I need it?

I try not to bash other artists. It's totally wrong. I always agree with what you're saying. Always!

Um...unless they're Kiss, or other artists I don't much care for. ;)

OK, I'm a hypocrite. So what. Where's that crying with laughter emoji indicating I'm full of BS when I need it?
I’m with you Les, as you well know. I don’t believe in bashing musicians. But I can be a little hypocritical there, because I do think it’s OK to do the occasional Eddie Vedder impersonation, and, as you well know, have said a few negative things about some rappers and hip hoppers. But again, I don’t believe in bashing “musicians.” HAHAHAHAHA. (That was for you, Les :D:p).

The world is a different place than when I was brought up, but I was raised to not verbally or physically abuse anyone. And that was back when there were no clearly defined lines as far as race, color, creed, or even the clothes they wore. Not saying my folks were saints, but the rules were very clear. I carried that all through my school years and still follow it today. One on one disagreements are dealt with in a manner that precludes slurs or stereotypical descriptions and in as private a venue as possible. That does however, not include booing a referee or an umpire that seriously needs it. Musicians, artists or other performers are a different story, they deserve better. Whether we personally enjoy it or not is immaterial.

Back