Artificial harmonics monster

JaySeb

Still in my first month with my new to me PRS, and this thing is an artificial harmonic monster. I own many other "quality guitars" but none of them has the capacity to scream like this.

So asking... am I off here or these have this natural "general" ability?

I also have a 509. In the bridge humbucker I would say it absolutely is one of the best humbuckers under gain. I use a Friedman profile through my kemper and yeah, you could say artificial harmonics are “easy”.

I also have a 509. In the bridge humbucker I would say it absolutely is one of the best humbuckers under gain. I use a Friedman profile through my kemper and yeah, you could say artificial harmonics are “easy”.

Exactly the type of combo but using ToneHub and a soldano setup. Really fun. My old Les Paul does similar, but not as speedy and creamy as the 509.

Exactly the type of combo but using ToneHub and a soldano setup. Really fun. My old Les Paul does similar, but not as speedy and creamy as the 509.
I have the same experience when compared to my les Paul. I think the 509 is just a little brighter and that’s what helps it wail.

It's a 53/10 ltd. So a more vintage inspired setup with paf like pickups. It's not like it doesn't do it, just not more than a typical other guitar. Whereas the EVH is kind of set up specially for it. Quarter sawn maple neck with twin graphite reinforcing rods, high output pickups screwed directly to the body, stainless frets, decked Floyd rose. Pinch harmonics, tapped harmonics, natural harmonics etc all fly off that one

It's a 53/10 ltd. So a more vintage inspired setup with paf like pickups. It's not like it doesn't do it, just not more than a typical other guitar. Whereas the EVH is kind of set up specially for it. Quarter sawn maple neck with twin graphite reinforcing rods, high output pickups screwed directly to the body, stainless frets, decked Floyd rose. Pinch harmonics, tapped harmonics, natural harmonics etc all fly off that one

Very sweet, thanks for the details

I find the same with my 509

Me Three... (since of course @bodia and I have sister guitars from the 10 swamp ash Brian's run guitars... LoL!)

The 509 is in my avatar pic and it doesn't matter what kind of medium to high gain amp or modeler I run it through, the harmonic
overtones are blooming like a flower in May... I have several local guitarists that are not PRS players who have sat in and played that guitar
as well as listened to it. They really want me to accidentally "lose it" in their vehicle.... Hehehe!

If I could only have ONE guitar, that would probably be it. I can play about any style music on it and get good results.
Fortunately, I am blessed without only having to have ONE...

Back