Are there any dealers out there...

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
...with the stones to build the Forum Guitar (Rev 4) through the Wood Library program?

Yeah, I said it. :box:

I never heard back from PRS on this and promised to stop hassling them last time I brought it up. I am guessing they aren't going to consider it. So... time for Plan B.

EDIT: I am already getting email and PM's on this so I suppose I had better put this following disclaimer out there:

I have no control over where this guitar goes (or does not go) from here. Colors, specs, prices... it's all up for grabs. All we can do is hope that all of the work you guys put into these details don't get ignored. I am putting this project out to the universe in the hopes someone will step up and make it happen. If a dealer picks up the idea and runs with it - or if several dealers do this as a group effort (like Gretz, Meader, and Martin did with the SH Singlecuts) then they have full control over whatever they want to do. Plan accordingly.

Link to original "Rev 4" thread: http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthr...itar-Rev-4-(The-Final)&highlight=forum+guitar

Model Name: FG22_Rev4
Base Model: DC22 (Santana shaped body & headstock)
Scale: 24.5"
Hardware: Nickel
Body: Solid Mahogany (heavy Mahogany for good balance)
Top: Euro Maple
Neck: Firewood (AKA Chaltecoco) Light as possible for good balance
Fretboard: Dark Ebony (polished) with 10 degree radius
Frets: DGT fretwire with hidden fret tangs
Headstock Design: Hand-signed by Paul Smith (in gold metallic) on an ebony overlay that matches the fretboard.
Truss Rod Cover: Official Forum TRC
Tuners: Phase 3 with ivoroid (cream) buttons to match cream pup rings
Inlay: Birds flying toward headstock in MOP
Pickups: Narrow 408's
Control Layout: Just like the Paul's Guitar with mini-toggles (not DC22 layout)
Finish: Matte nitro on neck, thin glossy nitro on body
Case: Silhouette (small), like Hollowbody case
Certificate: Signed by all the talented PRS employees (Like the holiday card)

3 options:
1) Color: Vintage Natural, Armando's Amethyst, Violin Amber Sunburst, Faded Blue Jean, Vintage Yellow, and Eriza Verde smoke burst top and natural back
2) Neck Carve: DC22 (modified Santana), Pattern Regular, or Pattern Thin
3) Bridge: Regular Tremolo or 2-piece PRS stoptail (no Piezo option)

Last edited:
Oh man!

Wait, I AM SOOOOOOOO BROKE !!!!!!!

Good luck. I would love to see this happen, if for no other reason that for all the thought and discussion that went into it.

Last edited:
mcswain_bela.jpg

Great idea Hans. I am totally on board with this new plan. Hopefully there is a dealer out there that is also onboard!! This may change my Experience buying plans!?!?

I am already getting email and PM's on this so I suppose I had better put this following disclaimer out there:

I have no control over where this guitar goes (or does not go) from here. Colors, specs, prices... it's all up for grabs. All we can do is hope that all of the work you guys put into these details don't get ignored. I am putting this project out to the universe in the hopes someone will step up and make it happen. If a dealer picks up the idea and runs with it - or if several dealers do this as a group effort (like Gretz, Meader, and Martin did with the SH Singlecuts) then they have full control over whatever they want to do. Plan accordingly.

Back