Are there any dealers out there...

The Forum Guitar in the current spec is officially dead. The only way PRS will do this as the spec dictates, is through Private Stock Program. After many hours on the phone and e-mails back and forth, the price tag that is in place and the specs that are in play; PRS says Private Stock Only.
If you guys want to work on a Dealer Run that conforms with the PRS specs and stays within the rules of the dealer run I would be happy to do it with you guys. Sorry folks I gave it a try.

The Forum Guitar in the current spec is officially dead. The only way PRS will do this as the spec dictates, is through Private Stock Program. After many hours on the phone and e-mails back and forth, the price tag that is in place and the specs that are in play; PRS says Private Stock Only.
If you guys want to work on a Dealer Run that conforms with the PRS specs and stays within the rules of the dealer run I would be happy to do it with you guys. Sorry folks I gave it a try.

If you're at Experience your first beer is on me for the effort. It truly is appreciated. As a business owner myself it never ceases to amaze me the amount of behind the scenes stuff I have to do to keep us moving, most of which is completely unknown to my team.

So thanks Mr. Gretz.

Jesse.

Thanks very much for trying, Jack.

Thanx, Jack. I really don't know what kind of specs would fit in a dealers run.

I nominate someone else to pick up the ball and run from here. :laugh: I love you guys and I love this place but I don't have it in me to take this any further.

In the 1st post of the original Forum Guitar Thread (link) I said the following, which will poetically be my last post on the subject:

"It's been discussed before. It never really went anywhere. Too many differing opinions. But I have never been one to put my tail between my legs and run away from a good fight.

If a forum guitar was on the table, do you think this crowd could ever agree in a single design if the only options were neck carve and pickup selection? Do you think enough of us could agree on a base model? Scale length? Fret count? Fret size? Headstock shape? Color? Wood composition? Control layout? Bridge? Maple binding? No binding at all? Birds? Moons? Celtic Knots? A totally unique inlay? Bolt on neck? Glued in neck?

Would it be based on a McCarty? A semi-hollow McCarty? A CU24? A DC22 (24.5" scale)? A hollow body? Santana 2? An SC or SC Trem? Or maybe a US model loosely based on the SE One with BRW fretboards, a lipstick pup in the bridge position, and P22 Piezo? You know that would get my vote! :)

I wonder... could we get it done? Could we get 40 or 50 guys to commit the funds (up front) to give PRS a compelling reason to consider building the Official PRS Forum guitar? Would 40-50 be enough?"

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;96309 said:
I nominate someone else to pick up the ball and run from here. :laugh: I love you guys and I love this place but I don't have it in me to take this any further.

In the 1st post of the original Forum Guitar Thread (link) I said the following, which will poetically be my last post on the subject:

"It's been discussed before. It never really went anywhere. Too many differing opinions. But I have never been one to put my tail between my legs and run away from a good fight.

If a forum guitar was on the table, do you think this crowd could ever agree in a single design if the only options were neck carve and pickup selection? Do you think enough of us could agree on a base model? Scale length? Fret count? Fret size? Headstock shape? Color? Wood composition? Control layout? Bridge? Maple binding? No binding at all? Birds? Moons? Celtic Knots? A totally unique inlay? Bolt on neck? Glued in neck?

Would it be based on a McCarty? A semi-hollow McCarty? A CU24? A DC22 (24.5" scale)? A hollow body? Santana 2? An SC or SC Trem? Or maybe a US model loosely based on the SE One with BRW fretboards, a lipstick pup in the bridge position, and P22 Piezo? You know that would get my vote! :)

I wonder... could we get it done? Could we get 40 or 50 guys to commit the funds (up front) to give PRS a compelling reason to consider building the Official PRS Forum guitar? Would 40-50 be enough?"

I said it here and I will say it again...

I'm picking up the torch. Give me a bit of time to revisit threads, gather my notes and get something together.

Thank you Jack for trying!

And thank you Hans for fighting the good fight throughout the sh¡t storm that was the Forum Guitar debate...I salute you!!!

Really appreciate the effort that Hans and jack have put into this. Thanks so much for fighting for us here on the Forum to try and make this guitar happen.

If you're at Experience your first beer is on me for the effort. It truly is appreciated. As a business owner myself it never ceases to amaze me the amount of behind the scenes stuff I have to do to keep us moving, most of which is completely unknown to my team.

So thanks Mr. Gretz.

Jesse.

THIS.

Also huge thanks to Hans. The amount of work and worry to get something like this done is daunting.

I said it here and I will say it again...

I'm picking up the torch. Give me a bit of time to revisit threads, gather my notes and get something together.

Jack said we'd need to stay within the rules of a dealer run. I have no idea what those rules are. It is pointless to debate this any further until we know what the options are. What body styles? What pickup/bridge options for the body style? Wood choices? Finish choices? Neck shape options? Etc.

Ultimately it has to be something other than what we can already order normally (other than PS) or there's no reason to do a run.

Back