Are there any dealers out there...

Reality Check: FG22r4 is probably too different from production instruments to qualify for the Wood Library program. I doubt any dealer will be able to pull this off without doing a PS run. The cost of PS will counter the intent of the project - to create a 'no-compromise' player's guitar that is accessible to most of the die-hard PRS fans and 100% Maryland-made.

It was a worthy effort and I really appreciate all of the hard work you guys put into developing the idea.

I've Called my PRS Rep, and told him we also would participate...

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;94677 said:
Reality Check: FG22r4 is probably too different from production instruments to qualify for the Wood Library program. I doubt any dealer will be able to pull this off without doing a PS run. The cost of PS will counter the intent of the project - to create a 'no-compromise' player's guitar that is accessible to most of the die-hard PRS fans and 100% Maryland-made.

It was a worthy effort and I really appreciate all of the hard work you guys put into developing the idea.

Thanks for trying Hans...it was a great idea. Would it be worth it to ask PRS for a counter-suggestion of something they could do in the desired price range?

Thanks for the update and all the effort. I was afraid some of the changes might have been prohibitive.

I might still be interested in a Rev 5, with some compromises yet still something to make it unique if others feel the same.

Thanks for the update and all the effort. I was afraid some of the changes might have been prohibitive.

I might still be interested in a Rev 5, with some compromises yet still something to make it unique if others feel the same.

When you consider that it took seven or eight dedicated threads, well over 1000 posts, and several months to arrive at Rev 4, Rev 5 seems like a pretty tall order. I'm not saying it isn't possible but the one or two changes to get it done might eliminate a lot of the people who wanted one in the 1st place.

I am all about rallying the troops in support of an idea. But there comes a point where the line between leader and bully begins to blur. I fear I am close to that line now and the last thing I want is for the employees of PRS guitars to think I'm trying to use my influence to force them into something they don't really want to do.

I have to let this go.

Last edited:
I'm super late to this party, that said I'd be VERY interested in this guitar. I have a fairly broad collection of PRS and other guitars, so I'm not terribly hung up on exact specifications. Waiting patiently for the good word.

I had a long talk with the uppers at PRS yesterday and yet more talk late Monday night, This idea is not dead, but it looks like there would need to be some compromise. I am hoping to be able to offer you guys more later today

I had a long talk with the uppers at PRS yesterday and yet more talk late Monday night, This idea is not dead, but it looks like there would need to be some compromise. I am hoping to be able to offer you guys more later today

Rock on Mr. Gretz. Your effort is appreciated. :top:

Hope springs eternal. Go get 'em Jack.

We say here in Brazil that hope is always the last thing that dies. Thanx for keeping this whole thing alive

Back