Anybody else digging the Wildwood DGT Private Stocks?

aristotle

I guess it's "Private Stock-Lite" in that it's not directly commisioned, but I've got more than a few guitars, and this thing has really won me over. DGT pickup in the bridge position and 53/10 in the neck. Super split coil tone. All things equal, trems are more trouble than they're worth for me, and the wrap tail is just perfect. Immediately went to the top of the heap and is the #1 for gigs. And (by Private Stock standards at least) affordable.

Anybody else have one of these? (they made 20 I think...)

DGT-2.jpg

DGT-JTM1-2-1.jpg

DGT-4.jpg

Thats absolutely stunning man, I love the toasted look of the backside! :shock:

I came very close several times to grabbing one. I think they're awesome instruments. What kept me away was that for the price point, they made 20, and there's still like 10 hanging around, and all 20 look for the most part the same (but many do sound very different, as you can hear in the videos).

IMHO, had they done 3 or 4 different finishes, in groupings of like 5 guitars each finish, it would make the run of 20 a bit more unique and limited.

The Ratchet said:
I came very close several times to grabbing one. I think they're awesome instruments. What kept me away was that for the price point, they made 20, and there's still like 10 hanging around, and all 20 look for the most part the same (but many do sound very different, as you can hear in the videos).

IMHO, had they done 3 or 4 different finishes, in groupings of like 5 guitars each finish, it would make the run of 20 a bit more unique and limited.

Yeah...I know what you mean... They are all more or less identical looking, and with the relatively large run, I'm sure that they uniqueness factor isn't there like it is with most Private Stocks. Regarding price, it's in sort of a middle ground. It's about the same (after a little haggling actually a little less) as what a high-end R9 is. I justified it by the fact that R9s aren't particularly unique (regardless of what the finish is) and I've never sold a guitar anyway, so resale value isn't a primary concern. So, for the price of an R9, I get a super high end PRS, which plays like a dream and sounds fantastic. And, I happen to really dig its looks.

veinbuster said:
Excellent.

I believe I've seen your amp wall with a different name - still love it.

Thanks! Definitely fun to have options...both with guitars and amps. I try to gig out with most of them..

SigLimx2-7.jpg

That is a beauty! I really like that run. I think it's a great combination of features. Plus, I like the folks at Wildwood too.

As for the 'Private Stock-Lite' thing, it's similar in that way to a lot of the runs from Willcutt and other dealers over the years. Still incredibly limited, great sounding, beautiful guitars.

Congratulations!

Goldtop

Last edited:
On an unrelated note, has anyone seen the Brazzy DGT PS at Wild West?

1323727708DSC0011.jpg

13238168181323727702DGTMainlg.jpg

1323727705DSC0002.JPG

Well, I totally dig mine:

WDGTS%25202.jpg

It is gorgeous, and plays and sounds great! But I got a little carried away and ordered another Private Stock, so I have this one up for sale to put the proceeds towards the new one...

Great guitar though!

Last edited:
I guess it's "Private Stock-Lite" in that it's not directly commisioned, but I've got more than a few guitars, and this thing has really won me over. DGT pickup in the bridge position and 53/10 in the neck. Super split coil tone. All things equal, trems are more trouble than they're worth for me, and the wrap tail is just perfect. Immediately went to the top of the heap and is the #1 for gigs. And (by Private Stock standards at least) affordable.

DGT-2.jpg

DGT-JTM1-2-1.jpg

DGT-4.jpg

My god! That's incredible - I want one. I own 4 DGTs but really want a stop tail version.
Do you have others? How does it compare?

DGT-2.jpg

I've looked at those a couple of times. I love the tone of the DGT demo's I've heard, but I'm not really a trem guy, so those looked very interesting. I figured I'd just find a McCarty and put a set of DGT pickups in it. That doesn't get you the DGT neck Carve but that's not a show stopper for me. ;)

Really Great looking guitar Aristotle! :D

Well, I totally dig mine:

WDGTS%25202.jpg

It is gorgeous, and plays and sounds great! But I got a little carried away and ordered another Private Stock, so I have this one up for sale to put the proceeds towards the new one...

Great guitar though!

Pete, where is that listed? I didn't see it on VR or TGP. Is there ANOTHER site with gear for sale to go drool over!? :D

Hi samldr!

Don't own any other DGT's, but I've played a bunch. I just don't need or want the trem. Other than that, the big difference is the 53/10 in the neck position, which to me is an improvement. No question that a standard DGT is a better bang for the buck, but these are just fantastic. Of the 20 that they made, I noticed recently that Wildwood still has about 8, so I'd bet that they'd give you a great price. I'd have thought that these would have sold out immediately, but I guess it's sacrilege to remove the T from DGT for many. They've still got the video's of DG himself playing each of these with his commentary on the tone of each. Given that there are still new ones available, I'd guess that the resale on these wouldn't be spectacular, but I'm never getting rid of mine.

Pete, where is that listed? I didn't see it on VR or TGP. Is there ANOTHER site with gear for sale to go drool over!? :D

The original post is about a year old Rango. Pete's is long gone I'm sure.

Hi samldr!

Don't own any other DGT's, but I've played a bunch. I just don't need or want the trem. Other than that, the big difference is the 53/10 in the neck position, which to me is an improvement. No question that a standard DGT is a better bang for the buck, but these are just fantastic. Of the 20 that they made, I noticed recently that Wildwood still has about 8, so I'd bet that they'd give you a great price. I'd have thought that these would have sold out immediately, but I guess it's sacrilege to remove the T from DGT for many. They've still got the video's of DG himself playing each of these with his commentary on the tone of each. Given that there are still new ones available, I'd guess that the resale on these wouldn't be spectacular, but I'm never getting rid of mine.

Thanks for your response. I may get in touch with them at some point. The cost to get tining to the UK will probably be alot but I'm not sure?
8 does seem quite alot left but then I'm kind of pleased as when I can afford it I may stand a chance of getting one. :)

DGT-2.jpg

DGT-JTM1-2-1.jpg

DGT-4.jpg

No Mesa Boogies ?

DGT-2.jpg

DGT-JTM1-2-1.jpg

DGT-4.jpg

It's been over a year since this first post. I love everything about this guitar except the price tag. May I ask if it is still at the top of the heap for your gigging guitar? If not what guitars have moved it down the heap?

It's been over a year since this first post. I love everything about this guitar except the price tag. May I ask if it is still at the top of the heap for your gigging guitar? If not what guitars have moved it down the heap?

Actually...yes. Well, as "top" as anything can be. 4 gigs out of 5 I take it, and play it at least a set. That's as much or more than anything else I have. In terms of my PRS guitars that don't get as much time, it'd be the SC-58, the Signature Limited Trem, and Pete's glacier blue RW neck SC Ted (it has a permanent spot at home where I can pick it up at a moment's notice)

Last edited:
Back