For those who have ordered Private Stocks, I could use some help!

I want a Swamp Ash Special with THAT neck on it!

I went with Paua too, because I didn't want TOO much bling...just enough and I couldn't be happier....

068.jpg

Well, I changed my mind on a few things, but my spec was approved. I really do think it's going to be amazing.

She's still going to be a Modern Eagle 245 Artist. I went with thin Paua purfling on the headstock, fretboard, and truss rod cover, thick Paua purfling around the body, Old Birds made of Paua with thin MOP outlines. I'm getting stainless steel frets, the one-piece MannMade trem with unfinished brass saddles, and hybrid ME1 hardware. The only other bling was BRW backplates.

As for the finish, I originally wanted to get it finished in Vintage Yellow. However, I felt like the red back would clash too much with the really dark (almost black) BRW neck. I looked at probably 500 Private Stocks. I just kept getting drawn back to "Tiger Eye - Lobby Burst". Since I went with a dark finish, I dropped the idea of zebra pickups, and went with brushed nickel covers, 59/09 bridge and 53/10 neck.

Here's an example of the finish I selected. I think it looks rich and classy, and really makes the grain pop!

D04C6B72-A73C-491E-BB86-E3E71E46EAA4-9627-0000055E387FDDC4_zpsfd4f1456.jpg

I think my finish will look amazing with the dark neck. And I'm still going to get my Yellow Brazilian. I just ordered a Brazilian 408 in Santana yellow! I can't wait for May!!!

Screaming build. And a Braz 408?! You sir are on a roll. Can't wait to see 'em. :top:

Back