Any women on this forum?

7 pages of replies... and 2 women.
Another woman in the house right here. Have been lurking for just under a year. Decided to crawl out from under my rock since the other 2 have. Have mostly played by ear most of my life, but decided at the age of 52 to get serious and started taking lessons. I now practice 2 -3 hours per day. It puts me in my happy place. Why oh why didn’t I do this sooner?! Anyhoo...I now own eight guitars, the last 3 purchases have been prsi and I will never buy anything else now. I just wish I had started with prs because I never play any of the “others” now except my Taylor acoustic. My 1st prs was an es custom 22. I traded that in on a used pauls guitar with a rosewood neck...that thing plays like butter and is my fave. I then bought a new artist pkg wood library 594 with the stripey stained maple neck..love it too, it has a great sound and is super responsive. My newest is one of the limited edition satin velas in charcoal, very fun to play, light as a feather and a nice chimey change up from the other two. I now have a 1 year moratorium imposed by my significant other on buying any more guitars, so I am trying to decide which model will be my next purchase and I’m finding it extremely difficult to decide. Any suggestions are welcome. I play mostly blues and classic rock along with some dark and moody stuff I make up. If there is another model I should have to add to my sound palette I’m sure you will let me know

Welcome Boudica! What I’d suggest next would depend on your budget. Might want to go more towards either the brighter side (Studio, 305, DC3 or the new Mayer guitar that may come out eventually) Or maybe a nice semi hollow.

PRS and Taylor make a heck of a nice pair, as brands go.

Welcome out of the shadows Melissa and Boudica! So cool to have you join the rest of us!! This is a great place to hang out and talk PRS guitars, gear and have a blast in the process! Great bunch of folks in general...glad your here!

Don't forget the 7 I am holding for you. Once you take those I'm still gonna have too many o_O

I’m guessing it rhymes with “plenty” now!:eek:

Another woman in the house right here. Have been lurking for just under a year. Decided to crawl out from under my rock since the other 2 have. Have mostly played by ear most of my life, but decided at the age of 52 to get serious and started taking lessons. I now practice 2 -3 hours per day. It puts me in my happy place. Why oh why didn’t I do this sooner?! Anyhoo...I now own eight guitars, the last 3 purchases have been prsi and I will never buy anything else now. I just wish I had started with prs because I never play any of the “others” now except my Taylor acoustic. My 1st prs was an es custom 22. I traded that in on a used pauls guitar with a rosewood neck...that thing plays like butter and is my fave. I then bought a new artist pkg wood library 594 with the stripey stained maple neck..love it too, it has a great sound and is super responsive. My newest is one of the limited edition satin velas in charcoal, very fun to play, light as a feather and a nice chimey change up from the other two. I now have a 1 year moratorium imposed by my significant other on buying any more guitars, so I am trying to decide which model will be my next purchase and I’m finding it extremely difficult to decide. Any suggestions are welcome. I play mostly blues and classic rock along with some dark and moody stuff I make up. If there is another model I should have to add to my sound palette I’m sure you will let me know

Hi Boudica

Welcome. That’s a fabulous sounding collection of PRSi!

It’s funny to hear that you’ve been “banned” from guitar purchases for the time being. It’s good to know that “guitar blocking” isn’t gender specific!:confused:

Yes! Welcome, so glad you posted :)

You are a women after my own heart too. I have no idea why it took me so long to pick up a PRS and my first purchase made me realise that my other guitars will start gathering dust (except, like you, my Taylor acoustic). And what great choices you have made so far.

Back