Any women on this forum?

A quick scoot across a number of forums over the last few years yield all kind of stereotypes: you pick girls up, they don’t pick guitars up / women are dumb, can’t tell a P90 from a humbucker / they can’t play and they definitely can’t rock / they don’t belong in a band / they are mostly nagging old wives and girlfriends who don’t understand etc etc – I cleaned this lot up as most of you will know.

It’s difficult to break through this one so you give up and stay safe as a rule. But it also makes it really difficult to find stuff out and ask questions.

Sorry you've had to endure this in other forums. I don't know how it got decided that you had to be in the boys club to play electric guitar; that's a stereotype that needs to go away. There are quite a few women who play amazingly well. That was established long ago so anyone who doesn't get it isn't paying attention ;)

Sorry you've had to endure this in other forums. I don't know how it got decided that you had to be in the boys club to play electric guitar; that's a stereotype that needs to go away. There are quite a few women who play amazingly well. That was established long ago so anyone who doesn't get it isn't paying attention ;)

Thank you. I think everyone who is paying attention is on this forum. :)

Like anything, there are some amazing female guitarists and the rest of us are doing what most people do and giving it our best. Sometimes our cat leaves the room to hide his head under the bed at the racket and sometimes it goes so well you have to record it quickly to remind yourself it happened.

Hey Cocorosa, I have an important question for you that I'm sure many here are wondering.

Do you like Winger?

Back