Any women on this forum?

JimmyDee

I'm not looking for a date...

But this definitely appears to be a 'male dominant' site.
I mean... I know there are a number of female guitarists out there... and good ones too.

So, I'm just wondering if there are any women PRS players on board?

There are a number of us who are less than masculine, but as for actual females, only a couple that I'm aware of (one for sure, see the post above). Which is a shame - it's always good to have more perspectives. Back in the BaM days, one of the more prominent posters was a woman who I haven't seen here or on VR - I wonder how she's doing.

I'm glad to hear cocorosa's opinion of this forum. It's a tough world online for women - look into the gaming community. My son said he shakes his head sometimes at what women have to put up with there. I think this board has always had an attitude of trying to be a welcoming and respectful site to everyone, largely due to the work of Hans, Jamie, Shawn, James and the others who were the initial spearhead for the board, and it's been carried forward. It's one of the things that makes me proud to be a member here.

Yes. And I wouldn't be surprised to find out I am the only one. It is real hard work being a female guitarist on some of the forums. This one is definitely one of the best and about the only one I am prepared to stick my head over the parapet on.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts if you don't mind elaborating.

I think this board has always had an attitude of trying to be a welcoming and respectful site to everyone, largely due to the work of Hans, Jamie, Shawn, James and the others who were the initial spearhead for the board, and it's been carried forward. It's one of the things that makes me proud to be a member here.

A lot of this was long before my time, but I am proud to be a member here. Such a great group of peeps.

It's a tough world online for women - look into the gaming community. My son said he shakes his head sometimes at what women have to put up with there. .

A few years back, when I was still gaming, we played regularly with a female from England. She used to get a lot of pre-match grief, and even in game. Then she opened a can, and shut everyone down. Shes was such a leet player. Sometimes, I miss those days.

There are a number of us who are less than masculine, but as for actual females, only a couple that I'm aware of (one for sure, see the post above). Which is a shame - it's always good to have more perspectives. Back in the BaM days, one of the more prominent posters was a woman who I haven't seen here or on VR - I wonder how she's doing.

I'm glad to hear cocorosa's opinion of this forum. It's a tough world online for women - look into the gaming community. My son said he shakes his head sometimes at what women have to put up with there. I think this board has always had an attitude of trying to be a welcoming and respectful site to everyone, largely due to the work of Hans, Jamie, Shawn, James and the others who were the initial spearhead for the board, and it's been carried forward. It's one of the things that makes me proud to be a member here.

Online can be a tough world for many people and reasons. Which means the only safe way is to listen and lurk until you get a feel for how people are being treated generally. It is very rare to find a forum where there is total civility and a genuine interest in the subject so well done PRS forums and all the guys who contribute. It's important.

HELLO!!!! You guys! Did ya forget somebody...helllllloooo???!!!...we have Sergio he's been around forever C'MON!!! I don't call Sergio the "First Lady" for nothin! GEEZ!:D

All jokes aside...@cocorosa thanks for poking your head over the parapet...I'm glad ya did!

Last edited:
Online can be a tough world for many people and reasons. Which means the only safe way is to listen and lurk until you get a feel for how people are being treated generally. It is very rare to find a forum where there is total civility and a genuine interest in the subject so well done PRS forums and all the guys who contribute. It's important.

This makes me very happy to hear, thank you for sharing! We try to offer a place where everyone feels comfortable and our amazing members have provided that, so thanks to all the cool people who hang out here as well!

Imma dude. Sorry.

I used to really like the internet. But I had some horrible experiences a few years back, so now I'm genuinely terrified of it.

The fact that I even created an account, let alone post ANYTHING, speaks volumes to how my experience on here has been so far.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts if you don't mind elaborating.

A quick scoot across a number of forums over the last few years yield all kind of stereotypes: you pick girls up, they don’t pick guitars up / women are dumb, can’t tell a P90 from a humbucker / they can’t play and they definitely can’t rock / they don’t belong in a band / they are mostly nagging old wives and girlfriends who don’t understand etc etc – I cleaned this lot up as most of you will know.

It’s difficult to break through this one so you give up and stay safe as a rule. But it also makes it really difficult to find stuff out and ask questions.

It is very rare to find a forum where there is total civility and a genuine interest in the subject so well done PRS forums and all the guys who contribute.

Chocolate Rose, This is one of the best statements I've seen posted about this forum, thanks so much!!!
(Although Serge & me don't act too civil sometimes :p) .... I'll have to clean up my act.:oops:

Being (possibly) our only female PRS member, don't be a lurker, we'd love to hear more from you!!!
Maybe even a pic of you and your PRS or a sound clip.

Chocolate Rose, This is one of the best statements I've seen posted about this forum, thanks so much!!!
(Although Serge & me don't act too civil sometimes :p) .... I'll have to clean up my act.:oops:

Being (possibly) our only female PRS member, don't be a lurker, we'd love to hear more from you!!!
Maybe even a pic of you and your PRS or a sound clip.

No-one need change or clean their acts up! I'll get braver, I may even learn how to post a picture. And the statement was just true, the credit is everyone else's

I respect any woman I see on a guitar forum. Women have to put up with so much sexualization crap in general, and umpteen times times worse in any "masculine" field of endeavor. And then whenever a female guitarist actually does poke her head out in an online forum, she gets immediately thrust into the mantle of Official Spokeschick For All Guitars Chicks Everywhere. It's a crazy world. Hopefully a healthy dose of gain and gratuitous power chords helps them cope, too. \m/

And the statement was just true, the credit is everyone else's

You're right, my only 2 other things I got involved with in my life are fishing and boxing, but the boxing & fishing forums online are like war zones with people attacking each other in some real vicious verbal ways. This place is paradise by comparison.

We like to have a little fun here, but hopefully never in a way that comes off as disrespectful in a serious way. Yeah, we can tease each other a little but that's because we kind of know each other, so that is to be expected and is OK. Hopefully we never do anything that makes you uncomfortable.

You're right, my only 2 other things I got involved with in my life are fishing and boxing, but the boxing & fishing forums online are like war zones with people attacking each other in some real vicious verbal ways. This place is paradise by comparison.

Your post just made me laugh out loud. You all know I'm into sports. One reason I don't hang at any sports forums is because they are all full of that stuff. Guys who couldn't make the team in Jr. High bashing D1 major college players or even pros... But what cracked me up was the fishing part. I fish. I'm not in any fishing forums. I would never have guessed that fishing forums would be full of verbal assaults and that nonsense!

Like a friend said to me when I was getting bashed in another forum years ago "it's easy to sit behind a computer and say or do anything you want with no fear of retribution. To be a "big man" when hiding behind that keyboard. You know he wouldn't be man enough to say that to your face." But boy, even in the fishing forums? Wouldn't have guessed that one.

Back