Any women on this forum?

Your post just made me laugh out loud. You all know I'm into sports. One reason I don't hang at any sports forums is because they are all full of that stuff. Guys who couldn't make the team in Jr. High bashing D1 major college players or even pros... But what cracked me up was the fishing part. I fish. I'm not in any fishing forums. I would never have guessed that fishing forums would be full of verbal assaults and that nonsense!

Like a friend said to me when I was getting bashed in another forum years ago "it's easy to sit behind a computer and say or do anything you want with no fear of retribution. To be a "big man" when hiding behind that keyboard. You know he wouldn't be man enough to say that to your face." But boy, even in the fishing forums? Wouldn't have guessed that one.
Fishing guides are cut throat...CUT THROAT! plus, those forums are full of misinformation for the sake of weeding out some competition. And if I’m lyin’ I’m dyin’! (Obligatory derail pics)
fishin2004-1.jpg

fishin2004-2.jpg

Last edited:
I had tried to use another guitar forum, hosted by another manufacturer. I had to leave after a few weeks because the attitude there was just too brutal.

The best way to describe it is to post something that ends up being errant. Instead of kindly correcting it and explaining why it's wrong, it gets met with "you're soooo stupid," and things like that.

HELLO!!!! You guys! Did ya forget somebody...helllllloooo???!!!...we have Sergio he's been around forever C'MON!!! I don't call Sergio the "First Lady" for nothin! GEEZ!:D

All jokes aside...@cocorosa thanks for poking your head over the parapet...I'm glad ya did!

There are some subtle differences between being a queen and being a woman.

fishing forums? Wouldn't have guessed that one.

Wow this thread really got derailed ...... I guess after we found the one female member that was it.o_O
If there are any more lady guitar slingers here please bring us back to the subject.:D

As for the other battle torn forums, you don't know how many young fools challenge me to sparring matches on the boxing forum, considering I'm old with bad disks that'll never happen, but they don't know or care. Now fishing (believe it of not) get's really vicious over something called "spot burning", members of the forums post up google map locations of fishing spots and they get "fished out", totally wiped out, and some people take it seriously. If the forum is a local one, threats are made:mad: ...... and carried out sometimes.:eek:

Last edited:
I think this is really just evidence of the maturity level of the members. Its speaks to the kind of people that are attracted to PRS guitars. We get accused of all being doctors and lawyers, but really we are just people who appreciate good equipment and are willing to pay for it. A person who values quality, likely also knows the value of other things too. Things like being fair, and expecting fairness. Believing that one need not tear another down in order to raise oneself. Appreciating another's good fortune instead of envying it. This is not to say that we don't act like were all 13 years old sometimes, but when it comes to how we treat people, we are more aligned with the golden rule than needing to assuage our own egos. The two forums on which I most often participate, are both PRS forums and both have great people; a few of whom are female, and one of them is my sweetheart (AKA "little miss sunshine" on the other forum).

Wow this thread really got derailed ...... I guess after we found the one female member that was it.o_O
If there are any more lady guitar slingers here please bring us back to the subject.:D

As for the other battle torn forums, you don't know how many young fools challenge me to sparring matches on the boxing forum, considering I'm old with bad disks that'll never happen, but they don't know or care. Now fishing (believe it of not) get's really vicious over something called "spot burning", members of the forums post up google map locations of fishing spots and they get "fished out", totally wiped out, and some people take it seriously. If the forum is a local one, threats are made:mad: ...... and carried out sometimes.:eek:

You went right back to talking about fishing and boxing! :p

Just as I was this close to finally having someone to drink champagne and get pedicures at Experience with. :(

To further derail this thread..... Given my current fascination with all things Ferrari.....
Isn't that a Scuderia Ferrari hat?

Fishing guides are cut throat...CUT THROAT! plus, those forums are full of misinformation for the sake of weeding out some competition. And if I’m lyin’ I’m dyin’! (Obligatory derail pics)
fishin2004-1.jpg

fishin2004-2.jpg

I think this is really just evidence of the maturity level of the members. Its speaks to the kind of people that are attracted to PRS guitars. We get accused of all being doctors and lawyers, but really we are just people who appreciate good equipment and are willing to pay for it. A person who values quality, likely also knows the value of other things too. Things like being fair, and expecting fairness. Believing that one need not tear another down in order to raise oneself. Appreciating another's good fortune instead of envying it. This is not to say that we don't act like were all 13 years old sometimes, but when it comes to how we treat people, we are more aligned with the golden rule than needing to assuage our own egos. The two forums on which I most often participate, are both PRS forums and both have great people; a few of whom are female, and one of them is my sweetheart (AKA "little miss sunshine" on the other forum).
Maturity! Yes I remember that!!

I can’t apologise for my sense of humour, it’s kind of Tourette’s of the brain!

Ok @Cocorosa you will now have realised that a thread on here gets derailed within about 5-7 replies!

Yes, I’m most often to blame!!

The title of the thread might be intimidating, but it’s good to know that there’s someone on here with “b&!!$”, so to speak! Well enough of them to stick their head above the “parapet”.

@sergiodeblanc (2nd most notable pink chaps wearer!) is a lovely guy, his love of blue guitars is world renowned!o_O

@bodia wont encourage you to buy a thing!:p

And @ScottR only wears the strait jacket at weekends, because I’m wearing it during the week.:eek:

There’s a lot of knowledgeable people on here, good laughs and some amazing guitars. Overall there’s a level of respect that is unwritten.

Back