Any CEs out there with fancy tops?

Every once in a while I see a CE with a really nice top! But they do seem somewhat had to come by. Anyone have any pics to share?
I was pretty excited when I saw this 1996 late one night on eBay, just had to scoop it up! It's still not quite the caliber of some of the PRS tops out there, but not bad for a CE! Birds were exciting too (back when CEs didn't really come with them) Once upon a time this guitar was purple!
f5XhvEd.jpg

J3XWgaj.jpg

Of course I had to mod it though.
JB/Alnico II Pro pickups
3 way switch with push pull
Mann 2000 NOS bridge
Rosewood rings
New style knobs

What else do you guys have out there?

That is stunning! I'd hit that if I saw it, too! Is that an employee's guitar?

@11top that looks pretty cool! Any more details on it?

@Solteroblues I don't think it's an employee guitar. Customer service didn't have any info on it. Shawn said it was most likely signed at an event.

It’s a koa carved top. It’s also rare for two other reasons. It has bird inlays and a flame maple neck. I’ve had it for years.

That is awesome! What year is it? (phone isn't letting me zoom into the neck plate!)

It's a little disappointing that the new CE24 finishes are not as nice as the old ones.

Wow, thanks for sharing guys! there are some really nice ones coming out of the woodwork now! I would love to get my hands on another Hiland, I spent some time in a store playing one, it was quite awesome!

Back