Any CEs out there with fancy tops?

InTooDeep

Out Lobstering...
Every once in a while I see a CE with a really nice top! But they do seem somewhat had to come by. Anyone have any pics to share?
I was pretty excited when I saw this 1996 late one night on eBay, just had to scoop it up! It's still not quite the caliber of some of the PRS tops out there, but not bad for a CE! Birds were exciting too (back when CEs didn't really come with them) Once upon a time this guitar was purple!
f5XhvEd.jpg

J3XWgaj.jpg

Of course I had to mod it though.
JB/Alnico II Pro pickups
3 way switch with push pull
Mann 2000 NOS bridge
Rosewood rings
New style knobs

What else do you guys have out there?

Last edited:
I know you’ve posted that beauty before, but I never get tired of looking at it - that’s a real gem!

Thanks guys! I have been looking around at some other CEs and it looks like there was a pretty cool run in the mid 90s that had some 3 piece 10-tops. I saw one that recently sold on reverb. really unique/beautiful guitars! some of the Dustie Warring CE signatures seem to have some really nice figuring as well! Of course the Hiland models had some great tops as well, but not sure those were considered CEs.

Every once in a while I see a CE with a really nice top! But they do seem somewhat had to come by. Anyone have any pics to share?
I was pretty excited when I saw this 1996 late one night on eBay, just had to scoop it up! It's still not quite the caliber of some of the PRS tops out there, but not bad for a CE! Birds were exciting too (back when CEs didn't really come with them)
f5XhvEd.jpg

J3XWgaj.jpg

JB/Alnico II Pro pickups
Mann 2000 NOS bridge
Rosewood rings
New style knobs

That is really freakin cool!!!!

I was pretty excited when I saw this 1996 late one night on eBay, just had to scoop it up! It's still not quite the caliber of some of the PRS tops out there, but not bad for a CE! Birds were exciting too (back when CEs didn't really come with them)
f5XhvEd.jpg

J3XWgaj.jpg

JB/Alnico II Pro pickups
Mann 2000 NOS bridge
Rosewood rings
New style knobs

That is Top Notch!

Back