Amateur Radio

Em7

deus ex machina
Is anyone else into amateur radio? You would not believe who is involved in amateur radio. I have heard Joe Walsh (WB6ACU) on air a couple of times. I have also heard Bob Heil (K9EID) on air as well.

Is anyone else into amateur radio? You would not believe who is involved in amateur radio. I have heard Joe Walsh (WB6ACU) on air a couple of times. I have also heard Bob Heil (K9EID) on air as well.

the ole' squak box gave him away?

I haven't been able to find my license. I think my wife "put it away." She put it away so good she can't remember where she put it. I think it may have expired and that is why I wanted to find it. I don't have a radio but I think keeping the license active helps keep the government from taking the frequency bands, like they did with the 700 Mhz band.

My dad was WB2MVC and then KB2YU and was very active up until his passing in 2013. I never could get into the code and being able to focus on hearing and translating fast enough. Back when I was growing up you had to pass the code license before you could get your 2M license.

We were all on CB in the seventies but died in the eighties for us.

My dad was WB2MVC and then KB2YU and was very active up until his passing in 2013. I never could get into the code and being able to focus on hearing and translating fast enough. Back when I was growing up you had to pass the code license before you could get your 2M license.

We were all on CB in the seventies but died in the eighties for us.
Maybe you can get back to it since the code isn't required anymore. I like 80M more than 2M since the sun spots are really active right now. Talked to Costa Rica a while back.

Back