Adjusting Saddle Height

Shut your pie hole for a minute and listen up. You have to deal with GC, and it sounds like they are giving you a raw deal, so just return the guitar and look elsewhere.

“We don’t unbox the guitars if they come from the manufacturer themselves.” Where else are they going to come from, the black market? So, all the guitars hanging on the wall at GC weren’t unboxed? :rolleyes:

Shut your pie hole for a minute and listen up. You have to deal with GC, and it sounds like they are giving you a raw deal, so just return the guitar and look else

Go **** yourself. If you read anything you would know that is what I am doing. God, What a ****.

Yea, sorry, my wording is terrible. I meant the screw to the Tuner itself on the back of the headstock. See the picture. I didn't even start to screw the thing in and it plopped right off.

Got it, those aren’t meant to be adjustable but obviously the screw head should not have sheared off like that. There’s definitely something wonky going on with that guitar in general and that’s definitely not the norm from PRS. It’s too bad it’s soured you to the brand but understandable. Hopefully whatever you get next is a winner!

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/prs-knock-off.39442/

Check this thread out for more of the story. See my most recent replies.

I don't think I have ever called PTC , sent them an email and they have been 100% perfect in there care of me and my amps and instruments. I'm not sure who you talked to but I have NEVER had that experience with PRS.
I blame GC all the way on this one, I will bet $$$ that the box was opened to get the parts for someone elses guitar that they lost the parts to.
I think you have 3 choices
1) Email PTC and say the Guitar center will not work with you and see what happens .
2) Return the guitar and be done with it
3) Buy a set of Pickup rings and a Trem arm and set up the guitar.

In case anyone is still wondering, the allen key is a 1.5 mm for both the action adjustment as well as tremolo arm tension screw on the saddle.

Yea, sorry, my wording is terrible. I meant the screw to the Tuner itself on the back of the headstock. See the picture. I didn't even start to screw the thing in and it plopped right off.

Tuner-Screw.jpg
that screw secures the machine head to the headstock- not sure why you'd need to mess with that. The nuts they were referring to were on the top of the headstock, and they are adjusted with a 10mm open end wrench normally. Unless you were changing out machine heads, those screws don't need to be messed with. But either way, they shouldn't break like that, unless they were being torqued tight unnecessarily. Sorry for reviving this old thread, Google sent me here regarding action adjustments.

Nope. They handed me a box and said enjoy. PRS didn't include the tremolo arm, truss rod adjuster, nothing... I have a ton of allen wrenches, but I guess not the right one? Man, the one I'm missing must be a tiny microscopic difference between the 1/16" and the other.
Par for the GC course..

In case anyone is still wondering, the allen key is a 1.5 mm for both the action adjustment as well as tremolo arm tension screw on the saddle.
It's in post #9 from 8/9/19... but thanks for the resurrecting a zombie thread with internet banter to read with my morning coffee. That escalated quickly :oops:

Nope. They handed me a box and said enjoy. PRS didn't include the tremolo arm, truss rod adjuster, nothing... I have a ton of allen wrenches, but I guess not the right one? Man, the one I'm missing must be a tiny microscopic difference between the 1/16" and the other.
Do you realize your guitar uses METRIC machine screws, nuts, Allen wrenches and set screws/grub screws? Just like a foreign made car or truck!

These threads sure get boring and tedious when really, just a little common sense and knowledge of the world is called for.

Back