Tools for my American standard Starla 2014

Citharamagister

Hi everyone!
Looking for spec on the tools that I need for my truss rod and Allen screws (for one piece tail / bridge)
I would really appreciate learning the specs to purchase the right tools. Has anyone had challenges with intonation with the one piece bridge / tail piece?
Also string height specs for this model?
Blessings find you 10 fold, thanks!
Excited for my PRS.

Last edited:
Is this an S2 model? The core models only had Bigsby and Tune O Matic bridges on them.

The one piece wrap around PRS bridge is very good. I have a couple of guitars with that bridge and intonation has never been an issue. One word of caution though. make sure you back the grub screws out that adjust it from the back before you turn the studs that adjust the height of it. If you don't do that, you will scrape grooves into the studs.

I run 10's in my guitars. You can run from 9's to 11's with that bridge with no intonation issues across the strings once you set both E strings.

Is this an S2 model? The core models only had Bigsby and Tune O Matic bridges on them.

The one piece wrap around PRS bridge is very good. I have a couple of guitars with that bridge and intonation has never been an issue. One word of caution though. make sure you back the grub screws out that adjust it from the back before you turn the studs that adjust the height of it. If you don't do that, you will scrape grooves into the studs.

I run 10's in my guitars. You can run from 9's to 11's with that bridge with no intonation issues across the strings once you set both E strings.
Thank you good to know! although I may all ready violated that advice...
I have many tiny Allen keys but cant find one that fits.? So, the S2 has the one piece tail / bridge? mine also has tone and volume for both PUs
toggle at the top. Do you know if the truss rod is 7mm? THANK YOU:)

When you get a few more posts you can link pictures. Some pictures of the guitar would definitely help identifying what it is. It could make a difference. I know they made a core version of the Starla as well as an SE version. I am not sure if they made an S2 version of it.

I am hopefully capable of posting picture but I will offer a description,
It is black, same face plate pickguard as other Starla models two PUs with no frames.
Tone and volume for both PUs w/ push pull coil split. PU toggle at the top. One piece bridge tail, fret markers are birds, truss cover says standard and the serial number is hand painted starting with 14 XXX..
I love it and cant wait to tweek it in. i see there is a truss rod and Allen key kit for 10.00 on the PRS parts site, I bet they match.? If this is a good enough description to identify the model please let me know.
Goodwill, good health and good fortune

Thank you.

This!

It is actually my favourite PRS bridge type. Run my two HT equipped babies with 10's and there is no need for adjusting with the grub screws on both guitars. They are so perfectly built, that the bridge completely rests on the posts fot both guitars and are intonated perfectly.

I actually would have loved if my starla had that bridge as well :).

Back