Acoustic cleaning... OMG!!

Parralax view

So as part of New Years, I decided to restring my acoustics. Two steel and one Nylon. So I get the old and very worn out strings off of the three and since I got a little hand held "porch blower" for Christmas and it was charged up I was like "hum, I wonder if this would blow out the interiors of the guitars"? It did. But what came out was shocking. You could have planted corn in the debris that blew out. I was doing it in the afternoon sun and it was obvious that they were very dirty inside. The nylon was the best though. A ton of dust bunnies and debris and as a bonus, a mummified scorpion...I don't know if it was a Texas scorpion or a Hawaii one... but I think I will do this now on from time to time, just for grins...;-)

So as part of New Years, I decided to restring my acoustics. Two steel and one Nylon. So I get the old and very worn out strings off of the three and since I got a little hand held "porch blower" for Christmas and it was charged up I was like "hum, I wonder if this would blow out the interiors of the guitars"? It did. But what came out was shocking. You could have planted corn in the debris that blew out. I was doing it in the afternoon sun and it was obvious that they were very dirty inside. The nylon was the best though. A ton of dust bunnies and debris and as a bonus, a mummified scorpion...I don't know if it was a Texas scorpion or a Hawaii one... but I think I will do this now on from time to time, just for grins...;-)

Does that explain the “biting” tone?:rolleyes:

Now I’m starting to wonder about what I’ll find the next time I vacuum the lint out of my belly button.

“What did you find the last time you vacuumed the lint out of your belly button, Les?”

“A 1956 Buick Roadmaster, a turtle, the Tiki I lost in 1961, a complete set of Corpus Juris Civilis, and some blotter acid from 1969. I tried the acid, but it didn’t work. It must’ve been In there too long.”

“I dunno, man, I think the acid might have worked better than you think.”

Now I’m starting to wonder about what I’ll find the next time I vacuum the lint out of my belly button.

“What did you find the last time you vacuumed the lint out of your belly button, Les?”

“A 1956 Buick Roadmaster, a turtle, the Tiki I lost in 1961, a complete set of Corpus Juris Civilis, and some blotter acid from 1969. I tried the acid, but it didn’t work. It must’ve been In there too long.”

“I dunno, man, I think the acid might have worked better than you think.”
I have this same convo when digging in my ears.:eek:

It could be worse. My youngest son, Taylor, bought an acoustic at a pawn shop while in college. Dirt cheap, sounded pretty good, but putting a lamp inside revealed that someone had vomited in the sound hole, a lot. They had cleaned up what you could see, but deep inside, it dried solid. Looked like there were Cheerios involved. :eek:

It could be worse. My youngest son, Taylor, bought an acoustic at a pawn shop while in college. Dirt cheap, sounded pretty good, but putting a lamp inside revealed that someone had vomited in the sound hole, a lot. They had cleaned up what you could see, but deep inside, it dried solid. Looked like there were Cheerios involved. :eek:
Breakfast of champions!

Back