A Loner's Lament

Hi;

Thanks to everyone;
You're right, alcohol is a depressant and makes me stupid. Kinda like now. But I only do it six times a month, which will go down to four times in the very near future.

Ok, time for some tough love and absolute truths..

There is no schedule that forces you to drink. So...

Dude.
Just.
Stop.

Don't tell us you can't.
Don't tell us you can't afford help.
AA is free.

Reminds me of Hendrix Red House:
That's alright, I still got my guitar, look out now!

What a fabulous song. Won't say how long ago I learned it.
This song, Texas Flood and Danny Bryant's version of Five Long Years ... learn them and you will have every slow blues lick you will ever need, and then have fun with it.

Ok, time for some tough love and absolute truths..

There is no schedule that forces you to drink. So...

Dude.
Just.
Stop.

Don't tell us you can't.
Don't tell us you can't afford help.
AA is free.

In some ways I can't argue.
However, there is a flip side to the same coin, but most people will never see nor understand it.
Which is good.

Last edited:
I'm not busting on you. I have family experience with both alcoholism and depression. I know where people started and how they got better, with intimate involvement. I've seen both sides of the coin as well as the edge. The flip side is just another excuse not to take steps.

Last edited:
Video sounds great! For me, I find that staying busy is the best therapy. I am a type A "all the way" and have to be doing / accomplishing something or else.........Maybe try to learn a new instrument, new style of music. Take up a different hobby, such as painting.I know someone (a former R&R guitarist) who took up classical guitar at age 50. It gave him a new sense of purpose and direction.

Hope you work things out & get help.

I'm not busting on you. I have family experience with both alcoholism and depression. I know where people started and how they got better, with intimate involvement. I've seen both sides of the coin as well as the edge. The flip side is just another excuse not to take steps.

I seem to have dug myself a rather deep hole here, so please let me try to clarify a little.
My comments read far worse than my personal reality is.

Actually, I drink very little.
Last three months have been an anomaly in my personal life.
January was tough, February was indescribably horrible and it triggered an emotional reaction in me.
Even if you run the numbers at the max, actual alcohol consumption is very modest.
Problem is, once in while, I feel a bit melancholy and post up stupid threads like this one.

Troubles come, troubles go. I'm feeling much better this week and expect to be back to normal in very short order.
Cheers!

I seem to have dug myself a rather deep hole here, so please let me try to clarify a little.
My comments read far worse than my personal reality is.

Actually, I drink very little.
Last three months have been an anomaly in my personal life.
January was tough, February was indescribably horrible and it triggered an emotional reaction in me.
Even if you run the numbers at the max, actual alcohol consumption is very modest.
Problem is, once in while, I feel a bit melancholy and post up stupid threads like this one.

Troubles come, troubles go. I'm feeling much better this week and expect to be back to normal in very short order.
Cheers!

Good! Now you can play more guitar! :)

Back