25 Years with PRS

Such a great story Vaughn!!! Your passion bleeds thru your descriptions...love it!! I totally get it, I'm sure most, if not all of us do.

Man I wish I still had some of my old G.I. Joe's (not the little ones, the "Kung-Fu Grip" ones with fuzzy hair and beards") and some of my Star Wars stuff to speed up the DGT fund. But, reading stories like this helps me keep my eye on the prize! I know it will be TOTALLY worth the wait!

Thanks for sharing this bro!!! Great stuff!

Great story Vaughn!
Got my first PRS in 2001. No idea why I waited 17 years to get my 2nd one.
Ironically, I still have all of my Star Wars figures from the original run in 1977/78. Have no idea why I'm keeping them. :rolleyes:
You’re keeping them because they’re awesome! I do wish I still had some. I ran across the falcon at a garage sale a few years ago for $10. I snapped that sh!t up.:)

1992 was my 1st prs, a 91 ce maple top. i've still got the guitar though i don't play it anymore. i was 21, broke, and about to get married for the 1st time, and my father shut his business down early that day, drove an hour to memphis to buy the guitar, and made it back in time to trick me into coming to his house before my gig that night. that guitar will never leave me, i'll eventually leave it

Updated page 1, post 6.
Great story, congrats on getting and KEEPING such a killer collection!
I wish I still had them all. Currently I have:

- whale blue custom 22(Star Wars guitar)

- black McCarty standard

- refin white McCarty standard

- artist package Grey black SC

- black NF3

- PS #5905

I am bummed I don’t have a charcoal guitar anymore as it’s my favorite production color. I haven’t gotten a new guitar in 4-5 years. Hoping I can change that this year somehow. We’ll see.

Last edited:
2016 marked my 20th year playing PRS. It was time for something extra special. After some prodding by @jfb - a trip to the vault took place with @Brian G ...
It was epic. May need it’s own thread since the original thread got lost in a forum upgrade.

pp9x4Pc.jpg

lfJO6PI.jpg

This guitar is my pride and joy. I can’t express enough thanks to PRS, Brian’s guitar’s for getting it done and Jesse for kicking me over the cliff. Rob for his hospitality.
I love that top so much. Glad you posted new pics because I forgot how badass that back is!

I loved reading the story and all of the subsequent posts from everyone!

for me I had been DYING to get a PRS and finally was able to do it in 1996 and got an Emerald Green Custom 22.

i can’t remember exactly what I paid, but I’m thinking in the $2700 range. I was dead broke, couldn’t afford it but HAD to have it.

I was so desperate to have it that I financed it through a local finance company at like 36% interest. Lol. It was brutal. BUT, I made every single payment until I paid it off.

it’s still a cherished part of my collection and gets played all the time even now.

in the years to come I added a late 90’s CE-24 that I later regrettably sold. Then most recently added a DGT from 2008 that I love as well!!!!

Back