2012 Stripped 58 (Faded McCarty Burst)

Fatherjones.com

IMG_4548.jpeg
Snagged another Stripped. Love these.

That is actually my only complaint about my SC-58. I wish it had the control layout of the 594. I would even be happy with it being wired like my Ted McCarty single cut. The knobs have the same configuration as the ted but the volume knobs are in different spots. The knob configuration on the SC-58 is different than the 594. Not sure what made them make these three different.

Some classy guitars. I must say I am getting more in the camp (if there is any) that really likes the more vintagey coloured PRSi, of which both guitars in this thread are fine examples of

Some classy guitars. I must say I am getting more in the camp (if there is any) that really likes the more vintagey coloured PRSi, of which both guitars in this thread are fine examples of
I am unashamedly in this camp. I see the series of 24.5-24.594 scale nitro finished, 57/08 pup, singlecuts as heirs to the Les Pauls I love ... with PRS refinements added. Perhaps the same philosophy undergirding why I also like my Silver Sky as an 'improved' take on a 63 Strat.

My SC-58 is a custom color. If that didn't make it unique, it developed finish clouding issues. PRS refinished it for me a couple of years ago so mine now has the current Nitro finish on it. I had them get Paul to sign the back of the headstock before they sent it back to me. It is truly a one of a kind now, not that it wasn't before all of this.

My SC-58 is a custom color. If that didn't make it unique, it developed finish clouding issues. PRS refinished it for me a couple of years ago so mine now has the current Nitro finish on it. I had them get Paul to sign the back of the headstock before they sent it back to me. It is truly a one of a kind now, not that it wasn't before all of this.
Pics

Back