We are NOT Customer Service

i-Gf4Xfts-X3.jpg

So, I get that’s a picture from Podiatrist school, but what was the name of your cadaver?

Proof that Bigfoot (used to) exists.

Those of us who have been here for a while, even a short while, understand this. For those that are new to this community or the brand, that isn’t obvious.

From that perspective, this is likely seen as a way to communicate with PRS. It’s a PRS-owned and provided forum. It would be reasonable to believe that it’s intended as a way to communicate with the company. More than that, many, many companies do provide support in that way. PRS is a bit old school in their support—very much the old model of work through the dealer.

The problem is that expectation isn’t clear. There aren’t relationships between dealers and customers in that way, necessarily. Order the product online, receive an email about the order, and the product arrives. That’s the extent of the relationship for most people. They don’t see it as “I bought a Jim’s Guitar Shop product, so Jim is who I work with on it,” relationship. They see it as “I bought a PRS product, so PRS is my support,” relationship.

That’s a reasonable belief. PRS has provided the forum, so it’s also reasonable to believe that PRS would be active and engaged with the community they’ve created. That’s where the disconnect happens.

It’s unfortunate. PRS, as a brand, would be better served by having a presence here. With Shawn gone, that isn’t the case anymore.

As fans of the brand and products, we’re likely best served by being kind to these folks and gently explaining the purpose of the forum.

Ultimately, PRS would be best served by either participating here or shutting the forum down.

Actually, I too see a good point in there somewhere. Back when I first joined and started participating here, I thought that the section which is literally labeled "PTC - PRS Tech Center" was a place I could present a question and that someone who actually worked in the PTC would actually provide a direct response to my question. But in my experience, this has NEVER been the case. Instead, I found by that by contacting PRS directly, by either phone or email and then trying my question again, that this would provide a much better result as they have always (eventually) gotten back to me with a satisfactory answer. I am therefore of the opinion that the section on this forum called "PTC - PRS Tech Center" is useless and should be removed.

Second quick point/observation... I see that right now the PRS web site has a link which says...
Inside PRS> Forum> Ask questions, show off your gear, or simply chat with fellow guitar fanatics.
So, for all you PRS guitar owning lawyers out there, do the words "Ask questions" as published on the PRS Guitars main web site page imply that PRS (the company) is the intended recipient of these questions and that it is furthermore implied that PRS is obligated to answer these questions? Or is it supposed to be assumed that the questions are directed at the fellow guitar enthusiasts and that the burden of responsibility for answering the questions is up to the forum members and not PRS (the company)?

Those of us who have been here for a while, even a short while, understand this. For those that are new to this community or the brand, that isn’t obvious.

From that perspective, this is likely seen as a way to communicate with PRS. It’s a PRS-owned and provided forum. It would be reasonable to believe that it’s intended as a way to communicate with the company. More than that, many, many companies do provide support in that way. PRS is a bit old school in their support—very much the old model of work through the dealer.

The problem is that expectation isn’t clear. There aren’t relationships between dealers and customers in that way, necessarily. Order the product online, receive an email about the order, and the product arrives. That’s the extent of the relationship for most people. They don’t see it as “I bought a Jim’s Guitar Shop product, so Jim is who I work with on it,” relationship. They see it as “I bought a PRS product, so PRS is my support,” relationship.

That’s a reasonable belief. PRS has provided the forum, so it’s also reasonable to believe that PRS would be active and engaged with the community they’ve created. That’s where the disconnect happens.

It’s unfortunate. PRS, as a brand, would be better served by having a presence here. With Shawn gone, that isn’t the case anymore.

As fans of the brand and products, we’re likely best served by being kind to these folks and gently explaining the purpose of the forum.

Ultimately, PRS would be best served by either participating here or shutting the forum down.
When you sign up for this forum, you are directed to read certain sticky posts/threads, including this I believe:

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/official-forum-rules-read-em.920/

Those rules make it quite clear what this forum is intended to be, and what it is not. Including:

5. Customer Support

If you have a customer service issue or concern with your PRS product, please contact customer service at [email protected], or 410-643-9970. Customer service and support issues will only be addressed via email or phone and not on the PRS Forum.

It isn't that hard.

Anyone who joins and immediately disregards those rules and starts complaining, well, you reap what you sow...

This whole thread had me laughing so hard I s%!t myself.
So glad to be here….. I love how tight the old timers are.
Thanks Hans!
And thank the rest of you as well :)

Back