What pedals do you use?

I never owned separate pedals, didn't want to go down that rabbit hole, and didn't care for the hassle of extra equipment to carry anyway. I have used a few multi-effects units, but they have their own hassles, especially trying to remember the settings and the dance to get to each. Then I found this, which is a multi-effects unit but also has separate sections, each has multiple assignable choices for the type of pedal you want, so it is like a pedal board on which you can easily change pedals, up to 8 total at one time, counting the vol/wah pedal, which is also assignable to effects. I use it like a pedal board having; Amp model (EQ), compression, chorus, distortion, flanger, reverb, delay and vol/wah, each independently switchable. This is perfect for me.

53664837961_d3e8726f43_o.jpg

I never owned separate pedals, didn't want to go down that rabbit hole, and didn't care for the hassle of extra equipment to carry anyway. I have used a few multi-effects units, but they have their own hassles, especially trying to remember the settings and the dance to get to each. Then I found this, which is a multi-effects unit but also has separate sections, each has multiple assignable choices for the type of pedal you want, so it is like a pedal board on which you can easily change pedals, up to 8 total at one time, counting the vol/wah pedal, which is also assignable to effects. I use it like a pedal board having; Amp model (EQ), compression, chorus, distortion, flanger, reverb, delay and vol/wah, each independently switchable. This is perfect for me.

In short, you were looking for a multi fx pedal with analog style controls :p

The Boss Multi-FX pedals are cool. Even though I have the Helix and Pod Go, if I could turn back time and just get something like that Boss ME, I would.

Ultimately I found the Helix and Pod Go limiting (not lacking). The ME looks like it wouldn't have those issues!

Santana's new signature pedal just came out... might go well with my set-up, seeing that I own a Santana SE with Framton PE pickups

They seem super excited about being able to finally release it. I haven't ordered one yet, on the fence about it. Been meaning to give this company a try.

I went ahead and ordered the new Santana signature pedal lol I guess you could say I couldn't resist. I also ordered their Dickey Betts tribute pedal, because it interested me ever before it released. We'll see how it goes!

Cash grabs or just good ol' paddlers?

Catalinbread came out with 2 new pedals:

A Fuzz Face clone and a Tube Screamer clone, albeit, that both these are highly modified and have unique features that set them apart...

I suggest listening to a sound sample.

I ordered the Sidearm, which is the 70's style Tube Screamer. I love what I hear on the demo, definitely not Tube screamery by any means. Kinda reminds me of the Moxie which was a Tube Screamer clone as well but like the Sidearm, had unique features. The Sidearm should be arriving tomorrow...

You decide.

PolyTune tuner (w/buffer), MXR DynaComp, Boss 59 Bassman, EP Booster, Hot Box Dual Drive (KOT clone), Neo Ventilator (original big as a house pedal) on my main board.
Korg Pitchback tuner, Boss 59 Bassman, Timmy, Mosaic (12 string effect) and Mooer ReEcho on my smaller board.

DGT Grissom -> TC Polytune -> Barber Tone Press -> Mojo Hand Rook -> Baber Direct Drive -> PastFX Elastic Matress -> Analogman Chorus -> EP Booster -> PettyJohn Gold @ 18 volts -> Strymon El Capistan -> Mesa Rectoverb 25
I mostly play rhythm in my band and get bored pretty quick, just playing standard rock/blues rhythms (2 guitars). So, I like to play around with different tones, inversions, triads, widespread chords, just to try to spice things up a bit. Make the band sound bigger than it is.

Last edited:
Cash grabs or just good ol' paddlers?

Catalinbread came out with 2 new pedals:

A Fuzz Face clone and a Tube Screamer clone, albeit, that both these are highly modified and have unique features that set them apart...

I suggest listening to a sound sample.

I ordered the Sidearm, which is the 70's style Tube Screamer. I love what I hear on the demo, definitely not Tube screamery by any means. Kinda reminds me of the Moxie which was a Tube Screamer clone as well but like the Sidearm, had unique features. The Sidearm should be arriving tomorrow...

You decide.
I dig Brett. He does great reviews.

Back