What pedals do you use?

They’d go great together
All good things go with all good things!

Though I should mention, I get those goods with my HXDA without any pedals - though for some lead tones I might use a boost or a compressor.

So I need it like a hole in the head. But hey, who can't make good use of another hole in the head... 😂

Last edited:
pedales.png

Voici ce que j'utilise pour le moment, une pédale EP qui donne un son plus chaud, une pédale de volume pour un peu de (violon), une pédale blues drivers pour cruncher, une RAT pour la saturation, une reverb et j'en passe, et la loop station pour m'accompagner. Pour le moment je peux jouer un peu de tout cela me suffit largement.

Physical: Cry-Baby Q Wah, Two Tubescreamer clones, Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter, Digitech Frequout

Virtual (preset 1): Delay, Reverb
Virtual (preset 2): Compressor, Reverb
Virtual (preset 3): Slow Gear, Reverb
Virtual (preset 4): Touch Wah, Reverb

So time to redo the pedal board.

I’ve been so lazy, I bought a used gator board, pedal switcher & tremolo pedal in 2022. As well as van damme cable, flat jack sockets, new solder iron, cable anchors and label maker.

Time to strap my big boy pants and get “soddering”

But before I do, there’s some more pedals to add. So maybe I’ll have to get the woodworking tools out and make a smaller board than last time. One that’s more portable.

So far -

TC Spark Boost

Maxon OD
Klon clone
Plexi OD

Tremolo
Analogue Chorus
Tap delay
Phaser

Dunlop Wah

Korg Tuner
Buffer

Pending pedals -

Crowther Hot Cake clone
Dinosaural optic compressor clone
Vintage Pre Amp clone (echo-plex)

And a surprise OD

Last edited:
None. I have a bunch lying around, but never really use them. Once in a great while I plug in a wah for a few minutes.

IMG-1759.jpg

I just had a wah, dual overdrive and hx effects for years. I decided to build a full studio board last month after adding a few extra pedals in ‘23. I’m mostly a progressive metal player but play a lot of other genres as well.

Signal chain is;

Guitar > Whammy DT > Wah > Dual OD > Hizumitas Fuzz > front of amp (Engl Fireball 25, MB Mark V or MB Dual Rec into a MB 2x12 vertical cab)

Amp FX Loop Send > Hx Fx > Hx Fx Loop 1 Send > Cloudburst > Fable > Lore > Timeline > Big Sky > Hx Fx Loop 1 Return > Amp Fx Loop Return

It took a few hours to put together but now I can get pretty much any sound in my head through my board. I use the Hx fx for modulation, eq, looper, signal chain path manager, amp and midi control. It’s the bridge of the mothership pretty much, hahaha

I posted a while back about pedal settings and my take away was no one wanted to discuss their secret sauce settings. So sticking just to pedals seems safe.

I have accumulated a bunch. I have liked the Neunaber tri chorus, belle epoche delay, butler tube driver, halo delay and Keeley compressor best. And I have to show Lovepedal some Michigan loyalty even if he takes some incoming fire about his originality.

I don’t have a PhD so the H9 intimidates me, and I will take all suggestions on the best simple reverb pedal you all prefer.

I posted a while back about pedal settings and my take away was no one wanted to discuss their secret sauce settings. So sticking just to pedals seems safe.

I have accumulated a bunch. I have liked the Neunaber tri chorus, belle epoche delay, butler tube driver, halo delay and Keeley compressor best. And I have to show Lovepedal some Michigan loyalty even if he takes some incoming fire about his originality.

I don’t have a PhD so the H9 intimidates me, and I will take all suggestions on the best simple reverb pedal you all prefer.
Here Are Some Great Reverb Suggestions For You. I Have And Love These And Would Call Them Easier To Use Or As you Said Simple. They Sound Amazing And Are Easy To Dial In.

Neunaber
Free The Tone
MXR M300

Here Are Some Great Reverb Suggestions For You. I Have And Love These And Would Call Them Easier To Use Or As you Said Simple. They Sound Amazing And Are Easy To Dial In.

Neunaber
Free The Tone
MXR M300
+1 on the MXR. I had one for a long time and it was super simple to dial in.

I’d be more than happy sharing any settings I use with anyone. I didn’t see your post about this or I would have. But… with many of my pedals, the settings change with amp or guitar changes, and with differences in tonal objectives. But with those things considered, I’m more than happy to share.

I’m not worried about anyone “stealing my tone” and think that there are SO many other variables that even if you wanted too, and had the same amp, cab/speakers, guitars and all, it wouldn’t be exactly the same because of other variables. And I’m talking cables, speaker breakin, tubes, etc., NOT your fingers!

What pedals do you use to empower your love for your PRS?

I suppose what pushed me to ask is because (even though I never really practice with pedals), I do have 4 pedalboards, a multi-fx pedal and actually currently putting a 6th one together - with the basis of Way Huge Smalls pedals as the focus, maybe some fuzz pedals from other companies too.

I ordered this a couple days ago...
^It's something of a highly modified Maxon SD9 Sonic Distortion pedal. I'm eager to play it because while I have various overdrive and fuzz pedals, I have no distortion pedals really. And I find that Way Huge's overdrives/distortion pedals are pretty unique. At least I have nothing that sounds like a Red Llama or Geisha and I have ALOT of overdrive pedals that also get fuzz territory.

Also, on my list is the Hi Power

What are your favorite pedals? What are you looking forward to buying?
I’m also a Way Huge fan. I’ve got the Green Rhino Mark IV as my main overdrive. I’ve also got a RAT. Also on the board is a Boss RV-6, DD-500and a JDI.

Okay. Here ya go…

BOSS NS-2
Mode - Reduction
Decay - Minimum (all the way to the left)
Threshold - Max

MXR GT-OD
Output - 100%
Tone - 50%
Gain - 0%

Boss TU - 2
On or Off

That’s all I got. It works best with high-gain amps that sound great by themselves. :)

I’m also a Way Huge fan. I’ve got the Green Rhino Mark IV as my main overdrive. I’ve also got a RAT. Also on the board is a Boss RV-6, DD-500and a JDI.
I finally got it. It's my first Way Huge pedal but I wouldn't mind picking up a few others by them. Every one they have seems truly unique, even their Tube Screamer is truly unique and doesn't sound like a Tube Screamer, in the same vein that ED'S Plumes is a TS clone that sounds nothing like a TS lol

How did you like the DD-500? I got the SDE-3000 which is Boss' new Van Halen delay, it is a strange pedal seeing that it has no knobs, it was really hard to get used to because it has so much. I got the Halo and Joshua with the intention to kick the SDE off that small board but found that the SDE just sounded better and did more than even those two smaller pedals combined.

Imo, The DD-500 looks even more versatile than the SDE, it must be a nice pedal to own. I love both the 3000 and 500 series from Boss!!

I finally got it. It's my first Way Huge pedal but I wouldn't mind picking up a few others by them. Every one they have seems truly unique, even their Tube Screamer is truly unique and doesn't sound like a Tube Screamer, in the same vein that ED'S Plumes is a TS clone that sounds nothing like a TS lol

How did you like the DD-500? I got the SDE-3000 which is Boss' new Van Halen delay, it is a strange pedal seeing that it has no knobs, it was really hard to get used to because it has so much. I got the Halo and Joshua with the intention to kick the SDE off that small board but found that the SDE just sounded better and did more than even those two smaller pedals combined.

Imo, The DD-500 looks even more versatile than the SDE, it must be a nice pedal to own. I love both the 3000 and 500 series from Boss!!
The DD-500 is very versitile and easy to dial in once you get the hang of it. Pretty much pro sound quality

The DD-500 is very versitile and easy to dial in once you get the hang of it. Pretty much pro sound quality
Very cool! The SDE-3000 is harder to dial in but the engineering behind it is crazy. It sounds just as good if not better than the original Roland SDE-3000 rack unit. I was floored to hear it's also the first pedal that was under the new Project Director at Boss Japan.

All that said, I really want to try the Boss DD-500 and the Suhr Discovery delay pedal.

Back