What gear or guitar have you been jonesing for lately?

Always something on the list, though I really don’t need anything at the moment. A nice paisley 2x12 to go with the HL HXDA that didn’t cost >$1000 would be nice. I recently replaced the Archtop pickups in the white Hollowbody Spruce with a set of MJ’s MagicBuckers, so a set for the black one are on the list. If money were no object (and it always is) there would be a half dozen guitars here I’d like to try, but I’ve been on a downsizing kick lately and haven’t seen anything that makes me reverse gears yet. Really, it’s more likely I’ve been focusing on home repairs and that’s keeping me too broke to shop. Lol

That's a good price ! they want 2250 for that 50w Sewell head ... love mine
mddu2k4vrvgzzytbscnn.jpg

Last edited:
I’m just here waiting for my PRS special semihollow on order in McCarty tobacco burst to eventually find its way to me. We’re going on 12 months unless the next ETA gets pushed back again. I’m patient. It’ll be worth it.

Always something on the list, though I really don’t need anything at the moment. A nice paisley 2x12 to go with the HL HXDA that didn’t cost >$1000 would be nice. I recently replaced the Archtop pickups in the white Hollowbody Spruce with a set of MJ’s MagicBuckers, so a set for the black one are on the list. If money were no object (and it always is) there would be a half dozen guitars here I’d like to try, but I’ve been on a downsizing kick lately and haven’t seen anything that makes me reverse gears yet. Really, it’s more likely I’ve been focusing on home repairs and that’s keeping me too broke to shop. Lol

I’m always keeping my eyes open for a paisley 2x12, as well… have an open back, but would like a closed back for a different twist.

And, a ME V.

Man, if I were to be driving through Nashville, I’d sure be swinging in to look at that one. I saw one years ago that had the same yellow/orange flamed maple trim piece that would have been a perfect match… for over $1500. Value is in the eye of the buyer, and I’m sure someone bought it. I just can’t go that for a speaker cab. Story of my life… the market is always that notch above my sense of fair price. 🤣

Or “local sale/pickup only” and in another state.

Better organized storage space so guitar cartons can fold up into a tight storage area more cleanly. My current cartons contain plenty of formed foam insulation that surrounded guitar cases and gig bags...My feeling is to ditch the foam and rely on sturdy bubble-wrap, if ever something requires a one-in-one-out purchase/sale..

Am hoping to locate some bubble-wrap this evening and spend time the next week or so doing some spring-cleaning. The first week of May, our apartment complex is providing a large dumpster where we can toss stuff we no longer want or need.

All this will free up storage space, and rid the storage areas of accumulated junk. It's something that needs doing.

This past month, my subcontractor brother installed a replacement guitar hanger rack that now contains 5 guitars, instead of the previous 3.

The 2 new guitars were a PRS SE 594 Black/Gold and a D'Angelico Premier Mini XT DC Vintage Sunburst (ES-339 type). Only other thing I might desire is a slightly larger effects board & power supply for my Brunetti 35W Singleman 1x12 Combo with a few nice effects like a boost pedal (possibly a replacement Decibelics Golden Horse), the AT Halo, and a TC Sentry or similar noise suppression effect. This might occur over the course of a year and a half's time, but we'll see...

The one piece of gear I’ve been jonesing for the most is also the last thing in the world I need: another guitar. And more specifically, another Vela (I already have two). But I’m jonesing hard for a white satin one regardless. One of these days the right used one will surface (I can’t abide the bird inlays on the new ones and I’m ambivalent about the Narrowfield), hopefully once I’ve paid my credit cards way down. Until then I’ll just have to be satisfied with my current two Velas (and my two CE-22’s, and my Eastman LPJR, and my Tele, and my Gretsch)… I need counseling lol.

Fender Am Ultra Strat
PRS SSH
S2 Vela Satin Semi-hollow (a 2024 with the NF in the neck)
A long list of pedals
A decent headphone amp
Furniture and things to get my practice corner organized and in order

A new Fender Princeton. Preferably a highly modified one.

A pedalboard for all my pedals. That'd be my 5th, but only because I have pedals that I think should be on a board as opposed to just sitting in a closet....

A new P90 guitar but probably not a PRS. Nor a Fender. Maybe an Epiphone or some other brand. Just to shake things up and try new things.
Get a Custom 22 triple soapbar. The early ones had much hotter pickups. Thank me later, cause you love strats.

There's a Custom 24 Piezo nearby that haunts my dreams. Only thing that eases the resistance is it has 58/15 pickups. I'm not really sure I like them, but I'd have to play this one to really judge. So that's how I resist.... I refuse to drive the 20 miles needed to do that. Plus my budget can't justify the cost of a new core at the moment.

A new P90 guitar but probably not a PRS. Nor a Fender. Maybe an Epiphone or some other brand. Just to shake things up and try new things.
Consider some of the SE soapbars: SE Soapbar & Soapbar II, SE One, Korina SE One and SE 245 Soapbar.

Killer guitars, mine certainly is. And to quote @]-[@n$0Ma☩!© regarding his upgraded Korina SE One:
"SE's are amazing guitars right out of the box. If you want to upgrade its parts, you can rest assured that the wood, construction, and fretwork are a solid foundation for a serious instrument; no matter how far you want to take it.

This guitar remains best sounding guitar I own. It is my constant companion and my #1 player."

Last edited:
Back