Yellow'd pickguard - Silver Sky

Discussion in 'PTC - PRS Tech Center' started by Aaron Lee, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Aaron Lee

Aaron Lee New Member

Not sure if this is the location I should place this question but it seemed like the most appropriate place.

The dealer I purchased my Silver Sky from did not remove the "PRS Please remove..." sticker/plastic film after he sold it to me.

I removed it when I got home and noticed that there was a pearly white rectangle where the sticker used to cover. It's as if the pickguard got a "sunburn" and the sticker left a "tan line."

I'm suspecting that the dealer sold me a used guitar from someone who didn't take the sticker/film off as the date on the tag states 4/17/18. I purchased it on 6/29/18.

Anything I can do to remove the yellow from the pick guard?

JBird27 likes this.
  2. Ovibos

Ovibos NOW with 100% MORE baby tigers!

You should address this with the dealer first. Messing around with remedies might give you no recourse with them later.

3. JBird27

JBird27 New Member

I recently purchased a silver sky. The pick guard is not the same white as the pick ups and knobs. The pick guard has somewhat of a yellow tint. Is this common or is the pick guard a blemish?

4. JBird27

JBird27 New Member

I have the same situation. What did you end up doing? Was it a used guitar in which the previous owner did not remove the sticker?

5. JBird27

JBird27 New Member

6. JBird27

JBird27 New Member

I recently purchased a SS. The pick guard seems to have yellowed around the PRS sticker and does not match the color of the knobs. Is this common on the white pick guards? Is the pick guard a blemish? Or did I buy a guitar that may have been previously owned and the owner did not remove the sticker, so over time it yellowed around it?

7. Fro

Fro New Member

Give it time and the white spot will age into the same color.

8. Parralax view

Parralax view New Member

They probably haven't been on the market long enough for any one specimen to start aging color wise. Might just be a flaw that came with the instrument. Those different plastics age differently anyway. I have a 95 strat with all original plastic, the pick guard turned parchment, the knobs turned yellow along with the switch tip, and the pickup covers are snow white..and they are all 23 yrs. old.

9. Aaron Lee

Aaron Lee New Member

The dealer said it was not a used guitar. He called his PRS rep and asked for a new pick guard for me. We’ll see how the new one looks.

10. Aaron Lee

Aaron Lee New Member

Going to try to replace the pick guard with a new one that the dealer got from his PRS dealer.