Wonder how long today's guitar amps will last?

Timely post for me I have a Roland blues cube that I love Or DId love until yesterday when the crunch channel quit

After about 4 hours online and phone calls to everyone I know it seems I’m screwed
To get it repaired would cost much more than it’s worth
Never had a problem with a tube amp besides tube replacement
Yep. I think that's what the future holds for most mass produced "solid state" amps made today. Too complex to repair, the parts are specialized and won't be readilly available for long...if they're available at all NOW.

Old Fenders and Gibsons and Marshalls are like old Farm Tractors. Fix 'em up with some baling wire and a pair of pliers they just keep going forever...almost.

Buddy just picked up a late-1980s Marshall MOSFET 100 solid-state head for cheap. After a week it started making coughing noises and died. Not worth fixing - and real doubt about whether parts would even be available.

=K

Buddy just picked up a late-1980s Marshall MOSFET 100 solid-state head for cheap. After a week it started making coughing noises and died. Not worth fixing - and real doubt about whether parts would even be available.

=K
There ya go. Maybe that amp shouldn't have been built in the first place tho. :p Did anybody really good even use them?

Last edited:
Back