Wiring Diagrams

Coop

That one guy
Hey gang. I've decided to swap out the pickups on my S2 Standard 24. I've done all my own work in the past, but I've never wired in a Push/Pull pot to split coils. I'm popping out the stock pickups for a Mean 90 in the neck and a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge. I want to still have the bridge pickup wired to split. Any thoughts on a good place to find a diagram like this? A quick cursory search on the web didn't lead me to too much.

The SD site has great wiring resources.

WD_Coil_Splitting.jpg

And it's NPD. Just got done installing the new pickup combo. Installing was pretty straight forward after getting the Seymour Duncan color codes for their wires. Of course the cheapie GFS was coded opposite of the SD so they're out of phase. It will be a 3 minute fix if I decide to fix it. It sounds really cool through the recording rig.

Looks like I bought the Dream 90 and not the Mean 90. It sounds really good. The stock VB was a bit muddy and this took care of that. It's still full sounding with a better top end response. For a $30 pickup I'd say it's a heck of a bang for the buck.

The JB sounds like a JB. Great harmonics and great clarity.

I do think the black pickups look better than the zebras that came stock, and the new pickups took an already good instrument up a level.

r2XO9pE.jpg

Cool, I’m just not a fan zebra bobbins. Haven’t ever tried any GFS stuff out. I could see popping 2 bucker sized soapies into a charcoal satin standard S2 SC.

Cool, I’m just not a fan zebra bobbins. Haven’t ever tried any GFS stuff out. I could see popping 2 bucker sized soapies into a charcoal satin standard S2 SC.
The GFS stuff is made in China. The biggest knock I've seen about their products is that it seems to be a "throw a bunch of crap at the wall and hope it sticks" mentality. So there are apparently a lot of stinkers. With that said the Dream 90 and Mean 90 seem to be fairly well regarded. I'm thinking I'll pick up the Mean 90 just to see how that sounds... because it's only like $35.

Back