SE Swamp Ash Wiring

ssobek1127

Click here for diagram.

Hello! Just got an SE Swamp Ash, and it's one of the best guitars I've ever picked up. Only thing is, I'm not fond of this wiring totally. Only thing I really want to change though is I want to be able to split bridge hum bucker ONLY. I have the wiring diagram. I've soldered and installed pups before, but this is a bit confusing. The diagram is searchable on this site, and it's linked above.

All I want to know is which wire(s) do I have to move where to make the first position when the pot is tapped to be just bridge single coil, if this is at all possible.

What can I say, I'm a tele guy. I like that high brittle tone sometimes.

Follow the top diagram. The neck has the tap wire taped off. So just tape off the neck tap wires and connect the bridge ones. I did the reverse on my old SAS because I never used split bridge, but like split neck.

KzHAhNW.jpg

Unfortunately both sides of the dpdt switch are being used, 1 side engages the middle single coil while the other is tapping the neck.

So you either change out the Volume Pot to a push pull or add a mini toggle. Unless you want the Neck always a humbucker and want to tap the Bridge?

on the drawing, lower left. Unsolder the neck green / white and tape off, untape the bridge red / black and solder there.

Now that sounds much simpler, thank you. If it doesn't work I can always reverse of course. So will be trying it. Thank you so much!

on the drawing, lower left. Unsolder the neck green / white and tape off, untape the bridge red / black and solder there.
Yep, this should do it. If you wanted both to tap you could just add the red/black wires to the lug where the green/white wires are soldered. Getting all 4 wires connected could be a little challenging. It may be a bit cramped getting them all in there.

Oh my. Worked like a charm. I'm not a fan of its middle S either. So I actually unsoldered that, as well. Now I've got single coil bridge in 1, and just neck S in number 3 (when tapped). Thanks all. Doesn't build a Telecaster into it, but it helps make it fit more of what I need. Happy camper!

Back