Why do we love a conglomeration of wood and metal so much??

Rockmark

Guitars!!! Incredible for stress relief, forgetting other problems for a while, being creative, mind exercise and bringing friends together. Some of the reasons I Iove guitars so much. Never would expect that sitting there w a pile of metal and wood in beautiful shapes and colors could bring so many such happiness. Why do you play?

Creating music with a group of people is some of the most fun and rewarding things I can think of. Doing that with a well built, reliable, and beautifully crafted instrument just takes it to the next level.

"What can this strange device be?
When I touch it, it gives forth a sound
It's got wires that vibrate and give music
What can this thing be that I found?

See how it sings like a sad heart
And joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain
Or notes that fall gently like rain

I can't wait to share this new wonder
The people will all see its light
Let them all make their own music
The Priests praise my name on this night"

-Peart

"What can this strange device be?
When I touch it, it gives forth a sound
It's got wires that vibrate and give music
What can this thing be that I found?

See how it sings like a sad heart
And joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain
Or notes that fall gently like rain

I can't wait to share this new wonder
The people will all see its light
Let them all make their own music
The Priests praise my name on this night"

-Peart

Beat me to it!

Dunno, I honestly have no clue WTF is wrong with me.*

*I mean about this particular instance. I have just enough self-awareness to know what’s wrong with me about everything else.

They make a cool noise. Some of them are really beautiful. People like that. I like that.

il_570xN.1023881563_5frg.jpg

I blame my mom. And by “blame” I mean thank her from the bottom of my heart on a daily basis. The musical gene is a wonderful thing to inherit.
My mom let me play her antique pump organ and piano - both over 100 years old when I was a kid. It’s a shame they went missing.

But...she didn’t want me to study music. She was pretty sure my real gift was solving problems.

I can see it. Removing the tp roll and stapling the strings to the bottom of the board will work. They would easily wrap around the lower pipe which would act as a nut. More like a harp device though there could be a pernumbuco bow in the works. Rout a rectangular hole in the wood for one dragon pup up in there somewhere and a plug and it could go electric. Now guess that would be one more way an instrument can make us happy.

Back