NGD Wood Library DGT but kind of a let down

Not to beat a dead horse but I went to box it up this morning and finally gave it a pretty thorough look through. I haven't touched it much since I noticed the condition of it right away and was waiting to see what the dealer said. There is no way it could have left the factory like this. I am not blaming the dealer, because they might not know what happened to it either. But this had to have been played. No way this was new and sitting in its case in a pandemic shut down showroom. This is on the upper side of the body. I hate to keep carrying on like this. Like don't get me wrong, this is not even close to the worse thing to ever happen to me. I have just never seen any guitar, regardless of price, in this condition and listed as new. The tuners look like they either have some tarnishing to them or some polishing compound on them. Maybe it missed a stage during the buffing process? The pickup covers, bridge and frets look practically flawless. It really is a head scratcher.

The thicker marks just below the scraped maple top ? I've had that happen from the case itself during shipping, the lining's edge is sometimes rough and it's also not always ultra snug making this possible just from friction during transit.

The other marks though, head scratcher indeed.

So just to update, the dealer never got back to me after they requested more photos. I sent the photos over right away. I had high hopes for them based on their reputation but I am very disappointed they never followed up. I tried being patient. I didn't want to be a bother. I know many places are short staffed now. I know they might be dealing with all sorts of issues. So I guess I am stuck with paying the new price for a used guitar. The money isn't the end of the world for me. I like the color and the top on this guitar. It is the guitar I want. I'm just upset I have left it sitting here in the case, not playing it, not setting it up to my specs etc., not knowing if they wanted me to send it back or not. Maybe I should have been the hounding customer bothering them nonstop until I get an answer. I really didn't think I'd have to do that. I expected better customer service on a 5k purchase. I shouldn't have to go around and try to chase them down.

So just to update, the dealer never got back to me after they requested more photos. I sent the photos over right away. I had high hopes for them based on their reputation but I am very disappointed they never followed up. I tried being patient. I didn't want to be a bother. I know many places are short staffed now. I know they might be dealing with all sorts of issues. So I guess I am stuck with paying the new price for a used guitar. The money isn't the end of the world for me. I like the color and the top on this guitar. It is the guitar I want. I'm just upset I have left it sitting here in the case, not playing it, not setting it up to my specs etc., not knowing if they wanted me to send it back or not. Maybe I should have been the hounding customer bothering them nonstop until I get an answer. I really didn't think I'd have to do that. I expected better customer service on a 5k purchase. I shouldn't have to go around and try to chase them down.

Who cares about being a bother. A real bother is spending thousands on a brand new guitar and having an evidently used one turn up. If they're operating and selling stuff, they can deal with returns when sales go wrong. Don't wait for them to get back to you, make things happen. Tell them straight up that you will be returning the thing as the condition is not as described.

Don't keep a guitar that you will be dissapointed in. Every time you play it it will be a turn off and you may end up resenting it fully.

Get it returned. Force it to happen. Call them.

I just got my McCarty from an online dealer and it was immaculate. Not a swirl mark, scratch, or ding. Send it back.

Agree with the others here, when you pay big money for a guitar new, you want it to come in clean.(Unless they are fender custom shop)

My new to me ‘21 594 HBII was sold as not new but unplayed, and it was not. Luckily in excellent condition but I could tell it had been played and adjusted. I told the dealer and he said to send it back for a full refund. He has other customers willing to pay his full price. Not wiling to negotiate. I ended up keeping it because it’s going to be played anyways and there’s not another on the market right now. But yours is more than just lightly played.

Back